Saturday 26 January 2019

Chapter 1.2 - Tomb Failure

Hello again!

First off all, I just want to have a mini rant about my game.

*ahem*

It is a buggy piece of shit. I love this game and the series with all my heart, but it is still buggy as hell. And not the good kind. The reason this is my third attempt at a legacy is because of the bugs that ruin my game. And I have encountered another on the in the form of the careers. Any career that involves player input, like the Vocalist career, glitches out. I've been forced to discount all careers like that for future generations, which is a shame, because I had a lot of fun with them. From now on, I will only be doing rabbit hole careers.

I will explain it a bit more when the time comes.

For now, enjoy Nate going to the pyramids.


Ancient Egypt is one of my favourite periods of history. Everything about it is fascinating to me, and the Pyramids are on my list of places I want to visit.

True fact: in Year Five (when I was 9/10 years old), my class mummified a cucumber. It was then unwrapped it on the last day of school, which happened to be my tenth birthday.

#BestPresentEver


Nate seemed in awe of the interior, not sure where to start. So many priceless artefacts, lost in time.


So naturally he went over to a pile of rocks and started smashing the place up.


And stealing everything in sight.

Whilst thinking about wedding bells.


Apparently you can get phone signal down in the tombs. Who knew?


Eventually, Nate stumbled upon the burial chamber, and proceeded to rob the place blind. He was so busy stealing everything not nailed down that he failed to notice the giant sarcophagus that quite clearly contains a mummy.

When he did notice, this wish popped up:


Nate, you're a young adult with no martial arts skill. How do you think you'll win against a centuries old Pharaoh who is pissed off?

Though, as he was getting his arse kicked, this little gem appeared:


I don't even know.

Fortunately, Nate was spared the Mummy's curse. Thank God.


On the way out of the burial chamber, he walked right into a fire trap.

*sigh* I'm starting to think that Nate might not be very good at this tomb raiding business.


Night time had fallen by the time Nate made his way out of the tomb, and he spent the night making out with his new sort-of boyfriend, Bai.

They promised to keep in touch, as Nate was due to head back home. The holiday had flown by, and Nate was ready to sleep in a normal bed that didn't contain sand and dung beetles.


After the long flight home, Nate arrived back at his house in Riverview. He climbed the stairs up to his front door, unsure what to do with himself. He'd had excitement and adventure in Egypt, and was now facing going back to his office job.


Nate: I got it! I'll invite Bai over here!

Yes, as quickly as Nate fell in love with Bai, I did the same. Nearly all of Nate's wants were related to him, and I couldn't be bothered to find Nate another partner when one was handed to me on a sliver plate.



Bai Tsang was invited over and immediately moved into the household. He did have a case of Vanilla Face, so I tweaked him a little bit facially, but changed nothing else. His traits are: Good Sense of Humour, Ambitious, Workaholic, Excitable, and Disciplined. He likes Stir Fry, Chinese music, and the colour green. He's a Sagittarius who's Lifetime Wish is to master the Athletic and Martial Arts skills.


Look at my precious little babies. <3

Nate was two hours late for work because of this.

Worth it.

----

It may feel like I missed the last day of Nate's holiday, but to be honest, not a great deal happened. He dug up some more rocks and stole some more artefacts. I really wanted Bai to move in so that I can get the legacy going. The Misc Fun roll was "Hidden Heritage", so Bai was perfect.

Plus all my Sims have a habit of marrying the first Sim they come across, so why break it now.

See you next time!

P.S. The title for this chapter hit me at 10 o'clock last night as I was drifting off to sleep. I loved it so much that I fired up my laptop, wrote the title in, saved it, switched my laptop off, and went to bed.

6 comments:

  1. Cool Story.. Whose your Mummy! Btw, I didn't see a trashcan raid total for Egypt...
    ( I have recently upgraded to all EP's, and although Ive been to all 3 WA places, Ive only raided one tomb in China so far )

    Do you any/many/way to much Mods or CC?

    The essentials from Nraas.net, Like MC, errortrap, overwatch?
    Delphy's Sims 3 Dashboard?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nate didn't get out enough to raid trashcans D:

      I don't use any custom content, and all the content I do own comes from the store. I use overwatch, because trying to run anymore causes my game to lag like hell. It's a bit bad, really.

      Delete
    2. I would definitely suggest adding MasterController, and doing a full reset from town hall. I can't guarantee it will fix your live action careers issue, but it will fix ten thousand other things you didn't even know were broken :)

      I think MC, errortrap, and overwatch are absolutely essention for any sims 3 player, even for those who aren't CC and Mod hoarders and collectors like myself :)

      Delete
  2. It sucks that your game is buggy. Those careers can be a lot of fun, but they're also really time-consuming, so it can be nice to have rabbithole careers that you don't have to micromanage.

    Mummifying a cucumber sounds awesome! When I was that age, we raised worms in plastic bottles. We quickly discovered that worms will die if you feed them pork rinds.

    Tomb exploring! Failure at tomb exploring! That series of pop-ups made me chuckle.

    Bai is cute with his edited face, and don't worry, my sims usually marry the first sim they meet, too. I'm trying to break that trend with my legacy, but it's just so convenient.

    Looking forward to the next chapter, and babies, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, at least with the rabbit hole careers I don't have to worry about money. They earn a steady income which all goes back into renovating the house.

      It was definitely a unique experience. We also wrapped one of our classmates in bandages to show the mummification process. I don't think you could get away with that now xD

      The next few chapters will be focusing on trying to get the legacy up and running, but I do want to return to going through the tombs. Bai is a little cutie, and he keeps Nate company. Looking through my screenshots, there's a lot of them just gazing into each other's eyes.

      Next chapter will feature a marriage, so stay tuned!

      Delete
  3. I second the errortrap and overwatch suggestions. It might not help specifically with the careers, but it will help your game run better.

    Mummy scene was hilarious! Quick, Nate, tell the mummy your sign so you won't get killed!

    Bai! 😃

    ReplyDelete