Thursday 31 January 2019

Chapter 1.3 - The Wedding

Hello again, and welcome back to the McKracken legacy.

If you're wondering where "McKracken" came from, a long time ago I had another McKracken family. I randomised a name, and got "Sylvester McKracken". I loved it so much that I created a Sim worth of that name: a stoner who wrote smutty drug books. He married a woman named Sally who wore clothing with the fruit salad pattern on them.

*cough*

Anyway, back to Nate.

Last time, Nate's boyfriend Bai Tsang moved into the household.

He soon began his very short lived career as a vocalist.


This is one of the only times he got it right.

Also, Yvette Grisby is a very unfortunate looking Sim.

You poor woman.

Anyway, all the other times Bai was called out for a sing-a-gram, this happened:


*"Mad World" plays in the background*

This is the reason I was forced to re-roll his career. Bai was constantly being called out for sing-a-grams (even in the middle of the night), and he always failed them. It was getting on my nerves, so I just threw my hands up and said "screw it, time to change careers."

So Bai switched over to the Military career, because of his Athletic skill.

It was the last day of the Summer Festival, and Nate and Bai went to go take advantage to them both having a day off work.


Bai focused on trying not to fall over, whilst Nate let out the sickest dab Riverview had ever seen. (I'm so sorry...)


Nate also skated with an invisible person. That's not terrifying at all.


The impromptu date went so well that Nate popped the question right there and then.

Just as well he went dressed in suit.

They agreed to save up enough money to have the wedding (and honeymoon) in China, Bai's home country.


China really is beautiful. It's also on my places to travel to one day.

I once had to teach a bunch of Rainbows (5-7 year old girls) how to hold chopsticks.

It went as well as you think it did.


Damn it, Nate. First Egypt, and now China. You're getting mARRIED DAMN IT!


The wedding was a short and simple affair, right outside their hotel. There were definitely more scenic shots to hold the wedding, but hindsight is 20/20. I was just so happy that they were getting married to worry about the location.

Almost immediately after exchanging their rings and vows, Nate and Bai went in separate directions to do their own tasks.


Nate went into the Forbidden City to try and seek out some tombs to rummage through.


Whilst Bai went to the marital arts school to get a start on his Lifetime Wish.

Bai: Yield, fool! You are no match for Bai McKracken!

In the tomb, Nate came across a doorstopper.


Literally.

He didn't have a key to enter the tomb.


He tried his luck at the Terracotta Army.


Nope.


He sulked on a bench, brooding over his lack of tomb raiding stolen priceless artefacts.

Nate: Stupid China. There's nothing to see here.

Oh really, Nate. Nothing to see?


Nothing to see?


I went to check in on Bai, only to find him slapping the training dummy.

He managed to slap it enough to earn his yellow belt.


Everyone knows that martial arts and disco go well together.

The rest of the holiday and "honeymoon" was spent in a similar fashion, with Bai practising with the training dummy, and Nate getting lost in random places.


Like the top of this tower.


Nate: How did I get here?

As Nate started into the abyss, Bai managed to get his orange belt.


He's progressing faster than I was expecting :D

I'll end this chapter here with some random cute photos that I couldn't fit into this chapter:


-


-


-


-

And this random notification that popped up:


I have no idea...

----

I'm sorry that this chapter is a bit of an unorganised mess. It's a combination of early starts at work, long shifts at work, and antidepressants. I've only just found the energy to write D:

Hopefully the next chapter will be a bit more... Organised, and not as late.

See you next time!


4 comments:

  1. Sometimes the names the randomizer gives you are amazing. Sylvester McKracken is definitely one of those names.

    I feel you on the constant sing-a-grams. The last time I played a Vocalist, I just ignored them and got her promoted just by singing for tips and doing gigs.

    The sickest dab Riverview has ever seen? I mean, where's the lie?

    Nate really likes that bathrobe of his.

    Now I really want to see a music video for a disco song where people do martial arts. I feel like it would work.

    Those pictures are cute, but it's kind of hilarious that somebody died of hunger in China. I didn't even realize EA Story Progression worked in China.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to stop and play the only 'Tears for fears' mp3 on my computer after the second image...

      The invisible skater was amusing, but not as much so as..
      'Oh really, Nate. Nothing to see? Nothing to see?'. Sims can be really dense and oblivious some times...

      Poor Jun Li Wan, I just threw out twenty servings of Mac'N'Cheese in my RLC because I needed the space, If only I had of known there were starving sims in China!!



      (Oh, BTW, Rohan -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmfudW7rbG0 )

      Delete
  2. I love the second pic. xD

    Did Nate and invisible roller skater also manage to trip each other and fall? xD

    I love the views in China. Congrats on having a completely normal wedding. Something always seems to go wrong at my wedding parties. >.>

    Now Nate can tell his future kids that there really are starving sims in China who would love his mystery casserole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bai: Why me? :<

      I made sure that everything went off without a hitch. I've had too many messy weddings D:

      Delete