Thursday 7 February 2019

Chapter 1.4 - Riley?

Welcome back to the McKracken legacy!

Last time was a bit of a shitshow. It was a mess, but it was the only way I could figure out how to get a chapter out. Hopefully things will be smooth sailing from here on out!

Anyway, Nate and Bai got back from their wedding/honeymoon in China, and Bai immediately got back to work on improving his Martial Arts skill.


Look who is now a green belt :D

As Bai kicked away at the training dummy, Nate was his usual self.


Having heated arguments... With himself.

Nate: You need to get a promotion to earn more money! How else are you going to support your family?!

Nate: Oh, I'm sorry! I guess the raises I'm earning just aren't enough for you!

Jokes on you, erm... Other Nate.



Look at all these raises!

Followed by:



Money!

With their newfound "wealth", Nate and Bai decided to expand the house to make room for a nursery.


A bit small, but enough for the two children that they need to have.

And thus, the first child of Generation Two was adopted.

Now, I really do not like the baby stage. In all my previous legacies, I rarely show the baby stage. There's nothing to do with them. They're a motionless blanket burrito for a few days just cry, poop, and sleep. So I decided to skip straight to the toddler stage. Sorry!


Peony McKracken came with the Brave and Loves The Outdoors traits. Her favourite colour is pink, she loves classical music, and eating vegetarian chilli. (PSA: don't fee your babies chilli D:). Her star sign is Aquarius.

She did have Vanilla Face, so I tweaked her a little bit.


Both Nate and Bai doted over their new daughter. They would both autonomously interact with her, and took it in turns to teach her how to walk, talk, and use the potty.

Though Bai did have some time off work to look after her, as he was the one who technically adopted her. He used this time to also improve his Martial Arts skill.


To the point where he earned his new belt.

Bai: Soon you'll be sleeping with the fishes!

Please don't D:


He also found time to reflect on everything.

Whilst glowing bright green.

Bai: I have a vision. A vision of smushing my face into some pie.

Following his vision, Bai suggested a family trip out to the Autumn Festival. He'd been working out before hand, and didn't bother changing out of his clothes.


This is one of my favourite things about Generations: the pushchair/pram/toddler carrier/whatever you call it. It makes more sense to push them around in one of them rather than carry them around. I've walked around carrying my one month old nephew. He's heavy.


Nate immediately got to harvesting every pumpkin he could find.

So it's not just priceless artefacts that he likes to swipe. He also likes to swipe vegetables.

Good to know.


Bai entered the pie eating competition, but lost to the guy throwing up in the background.


Bai: Ah, Peony. Did you enjoy playing with your doll? It was so kind of this Riley person to send it to you.

Peony: Papa, why your face red?

I can only assume that Nate is a descendant of Riley Nicholson, from my previous legacy. It would explain the... Eccentricities. And the marrying the first person they come across.

It would also explain this:


"What a hassle!" Sounds like something Riley would say, as she exorcised yet another spirit from a plant.

Back home, this opportunity popped up:


To which I went: HELL YES!


Nate: Bai, honey, an opportunity at work has come around. I need to travel to France for a few days. Is that alright?

Bai: Of course, my love. Remember to have some time for yourself!

----

And like that, another chapter comes to an end.

Work has been a pain in the arse and these meds are fucking with my mind. On the plus side, a friend from work has invited me to her DnD group, so that's something to look forwards to :D

Next time, France!

See you next time!

6 comments:

  1. I hate the baby stage too. I literally age my toddlers up as soon as they're born, because there is nothing to do with babies.

    Peony is adorable, but I read her name as Penny the first couple of times it appeared, so once I figured it out, I had to go back and check. It was always Peony, I just can't read.

    Your recolored stroller (at least that's what I call it) is also adorable. I like them too, but it does get annoying when an adult decides they want to push their toddler two feet across their home lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I do, as well. And Peony is cute :3 I tried to get some features of her fathers in there, even though they are genetically related. I chose Peony because I wanted, according to Wikipedia, peonies are the national flower of China, where Bai is from.

      Have you seen the glitch where the parent pushed the pram two feet away from them, with their arms outstretched? Parents of the Year award right there.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you on the baby stage, I think my taco span is set to 3 or 4 days. Bai is mystical, Nate is mental, and Peony has an imaginary friend doll? Its a shame this generation didn't get 'And Helper', this family might just need a live in Councillor :O

    Love the butterfly wallpaper btw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah. I think this family does need a live in therapist. I was about to suggest that the second child that Bai and Nate adopt would be normal, but looking at the screenshots... That's not likely D:

      Aww, thank you. It's really adorable :3

      Delete
  3. Yay for promotions!

    I love the name Peony!

    Nate and Bai make married life look so easy. "I'm going to France!" "Ok!" :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Promotions everywhere! :D

      Peony is a pretty name. I love floral sounding names :3

      Yes, they do xD Hey, they both met on holiday in Egypt. Bai knows that Nate will spend all of the time down some tomb somewhere xD

      Delete