Tuesday 26 February 2019

Chapter 1.8 - The Queen Has Arrived

Hello again!

Welcome back to the McKracken legacy! Last time, Nate and Bai aged up into adults (and didn't have a midlife crisis), and Martha aged up in a child.

Let's kick start this chapter with Martha standing in the graveyard.

During a full moon.


She rolled a wish for it, so I let her do it.

Why? Don't ask me, I don't know what goes inside her head.

I don't think anyone does.


With the two girls now children, the competition for the heiress title was heating up.

Martha: Vote for me, so that I don't end your miserable lives!

Peony: You cretin! You don't vote for a queen!


Martha: Daaaad! She called me a cretin!

Peony: Father! You don't vote for royalty! Everyone knows that!

Ignoring his daughters' squabbling, Nate continued to read his book, keeping one eye on them in case one of them decided to use their makeshift sceptre as a weapon.

Sensing a disturbance in the force, Bai came over to see what the fuss was about.


I know you two are close, but you don't need to be that close.

Bai: Is everything okay?

Nate: Just our lovely daughters arguing again. The usual.


This is a recurring theme. These two make out in front of their girls all the time.


Peony: They're doing it again, aren't they?

Martha: Just zone out the noise.

Peony: Easy for you to say, I have to sleep in here!



Hey, at least they are eternally faithful to each other.

Nate rolled a wish to get a tree house.

A tree house for the girls to use?

Of course not.


A tree house he and Bai can use.

*sigh*

But, he is loving life at the moment!


Martha: Ugh, must we go to school? We've had so much time off, can't we just pull a sickie?

Peony: Maybe you can, but I'm going to be top of my class.

Martha: Teacher's pet.

Peony: Peasant.

Don't you just love sisterly bonding?

The girls went on a field trip to the local theatre.

How did that go?


Martha: If I stand up, Peony can't see the screen!


Peony spent the whole show whispering "peasant" under her breath.

Sisterly love <3


When they got back, Peony blew the candles out on her birthday cake.

Martha: *Martha.exe has stopped working*


With a flurry of sparkles...


Peony may be smiling on the outside, but she's dying inside.

Peony: *through gritted teeth* Oh God what is this hair? And this turtleneck?!


Here's Peony, post makeover. She is incredibly pretty, and her button nose is more prominent now. She rolled Proper as her teenage trait, which is what came up when I hit randomise. Despite only going to school for one day, she got an A grade. I don't know either.


Peony: Bow before your queen.

----

And another chapter comes to a close! As of writing this, generation three has arrived! I'll get to announce the rolls next chapter, so stay tuned (whenever that may be).

See you next time!

6 comments:

  1. Martha really makes an effort to cultivate that creepy image of hers, doesn't she?

    The sibling rivalry is hilarious, and Peony being Proper is amazingly appropriate. Great chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, anything to maintain that hashtag Edgy Look.

      It reminds me of the rivalry I had with my siblings. All the name calling and mild bullying included xD

      Delete
  2. I chuckled, I laughed, I guffawed, and that was all before
    -> Peony: They're doing it again, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things are so much more fun when the next gen spawn are children :D

      Delete
  3. Lol, such a Martha thing.
    I didn't know how gorgeous Peony is until seeing her as a teen! :O

    ReplyDelete