Thursday 14 February 2019

Chapter 1.5 - Toddler Spam

Welcome back to the McKracken legacy! Last time, Bai and Nate adopted an adorable little girl called Peony, named after the national flower of China (or so Wikipedia tells me). The chapter left off with Nate about to visit France for work related things.

Turns out he only needed to show up in order for the opportunity to be complete.


Still, he was there, and he showed up in his... *sigh* Bathrobe.

Nate, why?! D:

Y U DO DIS 2 ME?!


Nate ignored my despair and instead headed straight to a tomb on the outskirts of the town.

He at least changed into his suit, which is slightly better than his dressing gown, at least...


Even as he makes his way through the tomb, he's still thinking about Bai.

Nate: Bai would love this pile of rocks.

True love <3


Rather than show off every individual part of his tomb exploring, here's a shot of the inside of the tomb, buried deep underground.


Fortunately, there was a tent that had been conveniently left there, so Nate was able to get some sleep before attempting to finish exploring.

Nate: Dried food?! Score!

Yes, ever the prepared explorer, Nate went down without bringing any food.

The next day, Nate emerged from his tent and started digging more rocks up.

He dug up so many rocks that this notification popped up:


Nate loves his rubble.


Soon, he found his way into the burial chamber, and proceeded to rob the place.

Not to sell anything, just to hoard it.

Getting through customs must be fun...


The sun was still high in the sky, and Nate had another day left in France. So after showering off the thick layer of dust that clung to everything, Nate went to graveyard to have a little poke around.


It was at this point that Nate decided that he had enough of France and headed back home.

Be careful where you poke around, Nate.


Back in Riverview, Nate came home to find Bai making pancakes for breakfast, humming away to himself.


Nate: Mwahahaha, now is my chance to sneak up on him! He'll never see me coming!

No, but he'll definitely hear you coming.


Nate: Hello, my love. I'm home.

Bai: How was France? Did you remember to go exploring?

Nate: I did. I slept in a tomb and managed to avoid coming into contact with any mummies.

Bai: That's good. Now excuse me whilst I extract my fingers from your jacket.


Nate: How's my little flower doing?

Peony: Me dinosaur. Rawr. 

Spending time with his loved ones gave Nate an idea: adopt another child even though they haven't got the space.

Genius.


Meet Martha McKracken. I liked the alliterative nature of the name, and Martha is quite harsh sounding in contrast to Peony. Quite fitting, given that Martha's favourite colour is black. Her favourite music is Chinese, and she likes cheese tofu steaks. Her star sign is Virgo, and her traits are Insane and Neurotic.

This girl is screwed.

Martha also had Vanilla Face, so she got a tiny bit of a makeover.

The nursery also got a bit of a makeover, with the butterflies being changed from pink to black.


Bai: Good night, baby girl. Sleep well.


Nate: Sweet dreams, Marth. Kick their butts!

Kick whose butts? Who knows.


Nate: See this, Marth? Your daddy is going to be a professional butt kicker soon!

Bai was indeed doing well with his martial arts skill. Not that I was panicking that he wouldn't finish in time, no way... >_>


Bai: Okay, Martha darling. I know the potty is pale pink, but you have to share with your sister, I'm afraid.

Martha: I will cope with it. For now...


They both have the creepy doll. Of course Martha gets the dark colours one that stares into your soul. At least it keeps them happy whilst their fathers are busy doing other things.


Like getting their LIFETIME WISH BOOYAH!

One lifetime wish down, one to go.


I'll end this chapter here with Bai meditating. Even though the house is full of toys and screaming toddlers, he still finds time to relax.

----

And another chapter comes to an end! I'm halfway through a week off work, so I'm taking the opportunity to play way in advance so I can write chapters when I find the energy to do so.

See you next time!

6 comments:

  1. That's a lot of rubble clearing...

    Suddenly I'm imagining trying to get sims through customs:
    "Anything to declare?"
    "Just this ancient cursed sarcophagus that I found in the unexplored tomb of a pharaoh surrounded by skeletons. Oh, and there was an undead mummy in it. Also, I've got some canopic jars. 5000-year-old diseased organs are good to bring back home, right?"

    Martha is cute, if a little bit terrifying. I think the black butterflies in the nursery look cute, actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much rubble clearing... No wonder Nate is ripped in later photos...

      Something like that, yeah... Along with all the dive well fragments, bottles of 1000 year old wine, and precious gemstones. Totally normal.

      Martha is a bit of a creepy child. It's probably the grey eyes that stare deep into your soul. But I do like the nursery :3

      Delete
  2. I have to agree with Rohan about the black butterflies on pink!
    Two kids and two imaginary friends. I can see an image, the spirits are trying to give me a message, Oh, I see several cases of 'It wasn't me, Dolly did it!' in this legacies future, especially with those traits! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine the "Martha, your imaginary friend telling you do it doesn't hold up well in court." talk that Nate or Bai will end up having with her.

      Delete
  3. I love Nate and Bai's relationship!

    Martha is insane and neurotic? Oh boy.

    Congrats on completing Nate's LTW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are adorable, aren't they :3 And yes, Martha is a bit of a... Interesting child.

      Thank you! I was surprisingly easy xD Bai's LTW, on the other hand... Took a bit more work.

      Delete