Friday 22 February 2019

Chapter 1.7 - Birthdays

Hello again!

Hard to believe that we are in chapter seven of the first generation, and the generation two children are still only a child and a toddler. In previous attempts, the gen two spawn would all be teenagers by now.

Anyway, last chapter Peony grew up into a child, and nothing much else happened.

This chapter, we're kicking off with a birthday.


Or, rather, two birthdays!

With Peony looking on, Nate and Bai blew out the candles on their cakes.


Bai: I don't feel any different...


Nate: Eyyyy, still got it.


I wanted to see what Bai would look like with loose hair, and I liked it so much I decided to keep it. I also put him in a new outfit, still inspired by his Chinese origins. He's still an absolute cutie.


Nate still looks the same, except I stuck in a grey jumper. As a father of two, I figured he should look a bit more "grown up". Even if he doesn't act the part, he should at least look the part.

Fortunately, neither of them had a midlife crisis. Thank God.


With Martha walking around, Bai took some time to reflect on everything.

Bai: Ah, life is good. Nice husband, good house, two lovely daughters... Everything is right in the world.


Indeed, even after all this time, Nate and Bai are still happily married.


And Nate is still getting a ridiculous amount of raises.


I fucking love winter in the Sims 3. Not a big fan of it in real life (I'm much more of a late spring person), but I can't deny how pretty it looks.

(I actually made this my laptop background shush)



I also took the moment to turn the downstairs into an open plan area, just to give everything a bit more space.


I also discovered the Bai still had his hair in his plait because that was his hairstyle when he became a blue belt, so he was was still wearing it until he got his new belt.

Anyway, Martha's birthday soon came round.




Martha: T̷̨̧̛͚̯͔̫̮̖̟͖̳̬̀̈̋̂̋̆̈́̕h̸̗͙͈̊̌̽̒̿̿̈̇̾͌ĭ̴̞͓̟̟́̌͊̒̌̄͝š̵̢̱͖̲̀̈́̀̄̾͊̀͗ ̶̢̮̹̹̖͎̖͉̟͔̟̈̓̊͂̈́̊ͅį̴̨̢͙̰̪͌́͊̓͐͐̀̾̋́͘s̷̮̒̋͌̅̀͝ñ̷͕̥̩͈̙͓̭͌̄͂̄̂͑͌͝'̷̖̮̭͖̇̾t̵̗̙̘̀ ̴̞̼͖͈̈͋̏̊ȩ̸͚̭̮͎̰̣̹̟͈̪̈́̈́̀͋̽̈́̏́v̴̛̝̯̪̥͍̫̭̾̽̌͐̊͘͝ͅͅë̴̢̜̱̱̰̦̱̪̘͚̳́̀̂͌ͅn̴̨̫̖̊̋̇̂͘ ̵̛͙̮̙͈̟͕͍̓̔̎́̽̔͐̔̌͐m̵̨̰͚̳̩̊͗̀̑̄̕̕̕y̴̢̗̩̫̜̫͎̗̬̮͓̫͆̐͜ ̸̡̩̟̻̼̑̏͘̚͜͝f̵̨̛̮̳̬̟̗͈̰̬̠̟̯̞̍̑́̌̀͝i̸̧̪̘̺̘̤̽̋̀̏̒̓͆́́̀̒̚͝n̴̦̹̣͙̫̹̪̈͂̀̽́́̐̍̋̆̕ā̸͙͉͍̥͔͚͎͒l̵̛̹̻͈̳͎͔̘̞̀̑̇̐ͅ ̵̦͙͓̙̹͙̣͔̐̍͑͐̊f̴͚̰̤͉̬̼̤̤̟͓̥̐́̆̀͒͋͐̀̓̍͜o̶̧͔̞̥̯̜̳̘̣̫̥̓̔̌̈́̇͐͗̈r̴̠̮͕̠̈́̂͆̾͌̄͊̀̈́̃̋̍̈m̵̝͔̰̯̬͊̀̎̓̑͘͠͠͝




Once Martha has finished being Slender!Martha, she's actually a pretty little girl. One thing I like is that both girls have eye colours close to their favourite colours. Peony's eyes are purple, which is close to pink. Martha has grey eyes, which is similar to black. As such, she wears a lot of grey and black.

Martha's childhood trait is Loner. I swear I did not intentionally pick that, that's what came up when i hit randomise.


Peony suddenly realised that she now has competition for the heiress role.


Martha McKracken, or Wednesday Addams?

Even better when you realise that Peony is the one with her hair in plaits. 

Speaking of people who wore their hair in plaits...


Look who is now a brown belt! So close to getting half of his Lifetime Wish done!

School was still closed due to the heavy snow, but the girls decided to go out to the school playground for some sisterly bonding.


Neither of them decided to wear the proper clothing. Martha at least was wearing a dress with sleeves, along with tights and boots, so she was somewhat covered up. Peony, though, decided that the best thing to wear is a sleeveless summer dress and flip flops.

She really is her father's child.

And I'll leave this chapter here with this notification:


How is that even possible?!

----

Another chapter comes to a close! I much prefer these shorter chapters, because they are easier to write and I can focus on other things happening. As well as make the screenshots I take last much longer shush.

As of writing this, the first Generation Three spawn is on the way, so that means that I have a whole backlog of screenshots to make chapters with.

See you next time!

5 comments:

  1. Winter in the Sims 3 is really pretty. I just installed Seasons in my game (hoping it won't kill it), and I can't wait to get around to winter. It's much more fun without all the gross slush and injury-inducing ice that comes with real life winters (I'm a late spring person, too).

    Martha is adorable in her tights and boots. I love her whole outfit. I'm generally a fan of tights/socks on sims.

    I get those pop-ups where thousands of vehicles are removed too. I haven't been able to figure out what it's about, but I think it speeds up your game somehow? I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is pretty. Hard to believe I played for so long without the expansion pack. It just makes everything so much better.
      Martha is adorable. She's my little Goth Baby <3

      Delete
  2. 13,176 cars??? I don't think I've ever had more than 99 removed in a night, and I think overwatch or errortrap is to thank for towing away all those abandoned cars. I like Seasons too, except for the fact that my gardens are always frozen when I want to do a screencap there....

    Peony suddenly realised that she now has competition for the heiress role. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a strange event. Most nights I get a few cars removed, but that was a particularly bad night, I suppose.

      Yep, the Heiress Showdown is about to begin!

      Delete
  3. The seasons in sims 3 really are beautiful! Sometimes I just like to watch the scenery.

    Love Martha's Wednesday Addams look!

    ReplyDelete