Sunday 17 February 2019

Chapter 1.6 - Family "Bonding"

Hello again!

I have some good news! As of writing this, I am onto Generation Two! I won't spoil who become the heir, but just know that I have enough screenshots of Generation One to write chapters for the next couple of weeks, just in case my work load at work gets too manic again. 

The last chapter ended with Nate completing his Lifetime Wish and adopting another daughter called Martha. 

Let's get things started with...


A birthday! 

Yep, Peony's becoming a child. I know it seems sudden, but I did skip the burrito stage.

Nate: Yay, cake!


You're welcome for any nightmares you may experience. 


Peony is really pretty. She doesn't look like either of her parents, which is no surprise as she was adopted. She rolled Disciplined as her childhood trait, so I stuck in plaits like her dear Papa (Bai). She does have a big nose, but it turns into a button nose as she gets older.  

I did a bit of renovation to try and make the house look less crappy, but I then realised that the family moves out of the house not long after. So I basically gave it an upstairs to give the girls a bigger room.


Peony still loved playing with her doll.

The way she's sitting reminds me of my dog, who likes to lay in the middle of the kitchen and take up most of the kitchen space. It's especially annoying when you're trying to cook.  


Martha's doll is so imaginary that even she can't see it. 


Bai now has a TV which he can work out in front of to get himself closer to achieving his Lifetime Wish and get me closer to achieving the generation goal.

Do those star jumps, boy!


The next day was a snow day, but Peony was not about to let snow get in the way of her education. She hopped on her bike and cycled through the snowy roads of Riverview. 


Random girl who's name I forgot to write down: Erm, school isn't on...

Peony: I'm here to learn, peasant. 

Eventually, she was convinced by the headteacher to just go home. She did so reluctantly, muttering under her breath that she Not Happy About This (TM).


Back home, Peony and Martha enjoyed some sisterly bonding time over the block table. 

Martha: When will daddy have heartbreak? 


Well, Martha, it doesn't look like he's going to be experiencing heartbreak any time soon. 



No joke, as soon as I saw these beauties pop up, I actually squealed and clapped my hands. They are faithful to each and lOVE EACH OTHER SO MUCH I'M CRYING! 


Also, Bai got a promotion!


Martha: They told me I could become anything, so I became a block table.

Peony: Father, I think we need an exorcist...

(Peony calls Bai "Papa", and Nate "Father")

Snowflake Day came and went, and I was an idiot and forgot to screenshot Bai and Nate getting their bonuses. It was a lot, and they decided to sell the house and move to somewhere nicer before the girls got any older.  


Luckily, there was a house on the market that was quite cheap (after a lot of demolition work shush) and close to the school. This cute old farmhouse had plenty of room for expansion when the girls get older. 


The upstairs was simple and basic, because I ran out of money D:


Same with the downstairs. It's weird seeing the house in this state, compared to what it is like at the start of Generation Two. Can I get nostalgic over a house? 

Now that they had settled into their new house, the family went to the Winter Festival as a sort of family bonding experience. It went as well as you think it went.


Bai and Nate spent the whole time staring into each others eyes and making out...


Peony played with her doll in front of the toilet, proving that she likes to get in the way of other people...


And Martha played with her so-imaginary-it-doesn't-exist doll. 


And I will end this update here with this image that I managed to get of a couple of ice skaters doing an interpretive dance. They could have just slipped on the ice, but we all know it's an elaborate form of dancing that involves flinging themselves back to land on the ice arse first.

----

And another chapter comes to a close! A short one, mainly because the next chapter will start with something big! Feel free to speculate what this may be.

See you next time! 

5 comments:

  1. Peony continues to be adorable, and she really is disciplined if she tried to go to school on a snow day!

    Martha continues to be creepy with her glitchy imaginary friend.

    Faithful reputations always make me squee, too! They're just too cute.

    You can absolutely get nostalgic over a house, especially since it's absolutely adorable!

    This is something like your third update since the last time I got a chapter out, so I'm thinking that I really need to get going on that. I'm off to go get pictures! Great chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peony really is adorable, and does what she wants, when she wants. And Martha is creepy now, but she somehow gets worse when she's older.

      I squealed a lot when the notice came up. I rarely get them, because my Sims marriages more often than not disintegrate :/

      They live in the same house now, but it's been through a lot of changes. It still looks adorable!

      I've been on a bit of roll, because I'm going back to work tomorrow D: I wanted to get a chapter out before I go back.

      Delete
  2. An imaginary friend, and a pretend imaginary friend.... strangely enough I can relate to that, even without the sims! Also, Peony proving that she likes to get in the way of other people, I know several people with that trait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone had an imaginary friend at some point. When I was a child, I WAS the imaginary friend >_> Peony's like that, she doesn't do it maliciously, it just sort of... Happens.

      Delete
  3. Get that education, Peony!

    Cute house!

    Ah, I've seen these interpretive dancers in my game, too. xD

    ReplyDelete