Tuesday 19 March 2019

Chapter 1.11 - Passing The Torch

Hello again!

This is going to be the final chapter in Generation One! As of writing this, all the Generation Three spawn have been born, which means that the Generation Two chapters can get underway pretty soon.

Last time, the family went on a holiday to China, and Peony set about making a start on her Lifetime Wish.


We join Peony as she makes her first trip into the unknown.

Also known as the tomb her father didn't have the key to enter when he first entered.


Peony, on the other hand, did have the key.


I do also wonder why she thought raiding the tomb in a summer dress and pumps was a good idea.


Peony: A proper princess never backs down from a challenge!

A proper princess also makes sure that she wears proper clothing when venturing into centuries old tombs.


Peony: Ugh, my dress is going to get all wet!

Let's hope she doesn't have any open wounds. Who knows what that water contains...

As Peony was getting lost in the tomb, the rest of the family was left to their own devices.


Martha was being Martha...


Nate was being Nate...


And Bai was being the only sane one. As usual.

Poor guy.


Peony finished her quest, and came home to find this.

Peony: So... Business as usual, I see.


Peony: Sorry I left you with them, Papa.

Bai: It's okay, Peony. I just kept them inside all day.

Nate: That's my ice cream...

This appeared during the night.


He may be completely insane, but Nate still loves his husband.

I don't know why he's Fiendishly Delighted. He just is.


The next day, Peony set about finding her new quest. It happened so long ago that I forgot what she had to do, just that it involved her running around China in her formal dress.


She obviously did something right, as she Visa is now level 1.


Martha: Ugh, I don't want to function today.

How about you go fishing?


Martha: Okay, but only if I can stay here all day.

If it keeps you out trouble, sure.

Before she went out to fish, I saw that she managed to get this moodlet:


Peaceful, from a genie lamp.

I don't have a genie lamp anywhere in the family inventory, or anywhere else.

How did she get a hold of it? I know she didn't fish for one because I didn't receive any notification about it.

MARTHA WHAT DID YOU DO?! D:

As Martha broke my game, Peony got a quest to challenge someone to a sparing contest.


Peony: Good day, sir. My name is Peony McKracken. I've been sent to challenge you to a sparing contest.


Peony: *Okay, girl, you got this. You're an orange belt. Should be easy.*


Peony: *Oh...*


Credit where it's due, she gave it her best shot.

Peony: I SHALL NEVER GIVE UP!


Even if she did get her butt kicked.

Chen: Oh God I just beat up a teenage girl...


Peony didn't let this get to her. She went straight to the martial arts school and practised.


Peony: I am ready!

You're still a green belt. Chill.

One final message before we leave China:


Yeah, I don't know.

Back home, Peony found her that her new belt colour granted her the same mediation powers as Bai.


Peony: Ah, the peaceful sounds of Martha getting into trouble for breaking the rules.


Bai: What on earth is this pink stuff? I... Oh, for Gods sake. MARTHA!


Martha: *sniff* I think he looks good with pink hair...


Peony: Martha, this is why I'm the heiress. 

Bai: Now now, Peony. Martha is still going to stay here. 

Nate: Only because she can't be trusted to be by herself. 

Martha: I'm still here! 

Speaking of the heiress...


Look who is ageing up into a young adult! 

Peony: It's my time to shine!


Holy shit, she's fucking gorgeous. 


Here's Peony, post makeover. She really is incredibly pretty. When I first adopted her, I did go into Create A Sim to tweak her face a bit, and I did see what she would look like when she was older. She is definitely one of the prettiest Sims I've ever had. 


Seeing as she'll be spending most of her time going to different places and raiding tombs, I placed her something a bit more... Practical. The sandals probably weren't a good idea, but this is Peony we're talking about. 

Her final trait is Adventurous, which is just perfect. 


As she looked at herself in the mirror, she felt a sense of pride. She was ready to take over the McKracken family, and bring it to new heights. New heights of what, she wasn't sure, but she wasn't going to let it burn to the ground. 

Meanwhile...


Martha: Oh God I'm going to age up next D: 

----

And that is the end of the chapter, and of Generation One! I want to thank everyone for reading, commenting, and following the rollercoaster of a legacy. There's been glitches, unexplained deaths, some lows and many highs. 

What has been your favourite moment of the previous generation? Mine is when Nate and Bai got married in China. It's simple and sweet, and it's rare that I have a wedding go well. 

See you soon for the next chapter of the McKracken family! 

6 comments:

  1. It always cracks me up when sims raid tombs in completely inappropriate clothing. What also cracked me up was Peony's face when that guy spun into his sim fu outfit.

    Adult Peony is really pretty! I look forward to her tenure as heiress.

    My favorite moment of the last generation would probably have to be Peony and Martha's sibling relationship. I know it's not just one moment, but when it's all so good, how could I possibly pick just one? :P

    In all seriousness, though, congratulations on finishing the first generation! I can't wait to see how the next one goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Peony like to raid tombs in a lot of inappropriate clothing, it seems.

      She is! Her tenure is beginning, but it's a bit of a rollercoaster.

      I do enjoy writing Peony and Martha's sibling relationship. The bickering, the petty spats, the insults... Typical stuff really.

      Thank you :) I look forward to actually managing to get to the third generation!

      Delete
  2. If I had to chose one single favorite moment of this legacy so far..

    you had me at chapter 1.1 -> Meet Nate McKracken, professional rummager of trash.....

    Then tomb raiding, random dabbing, nothing to see in China, Nate's travel robes, Peony and Martha's pink and black butterfly wallpaper, the kissing scene that caused Martha and Peony to zone out, Martha the Edgelord teen, Martha and the post box, the appropriate use of an Ikea catalog, and Martha's terror of aging up.....

    Yeah, that's my one single favorite moment....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, thank you :D

      It's been a rollercoaster, for sure, but a good one!

      Delete
  3. Martha and Nate making the same face has me rolling. xD

    Peony is gorgeous! Now to see how she handles her gen.

    I definitely loved Nate and Bai's love story. They are a great couple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely related, even if by adoption. Two insane Sims under one roof is always fun xD

      She is! I'm glad I tweaked her when she was a toddler, otherwise she would have Vanilla face.

      It's so rare I have a Sim marriage that lasts that long. Normally the Sims would have divorced by now :<

      Delete