Thursday 4 April 2019

Chapter 2.4 - An Unexpected Demise

Hello again!

First of all, I had to make some changes to the story. After my game breaking bug, I was forced to change Peony's Lifetime Wish so that it's the same as Bai's. She's already excelling at the martial arts skill, so it's not that much of a challenge. Secondly, I've redone the entire of Gen Two from when the Gen Three spawn were children. I wasn't happy with what was happening (here's a hint: bugger all was happening), so I loaded up an old save and redid the generation.

With that being said, let's get cracking!

Last time, a lot happened. Nate retired, Bai became an astronaut, Peony got married and had her second child, and Martha had her first (and only) child. 

This time, we'll start off with Cayleigh and Nate.


Nate: Alright, sweetheart. Let 'er rip!

Didn't seem that long ago that Nate was potty training Peony and Martha. 

*sniff* They grow up so fast. 

Speaking of Peony:


Who else would think about upgrading the toilet in her formal clothes?

Peony, that's who. 


Peony: I sense a disturbance in the force... Something is happening outside, I can feel it. 


Nate: I think that's the sound of your husband dying outside.

Peony: Oh, what on Earth could be happening?

Martha: Seriously?


Well, shit. 

I'll be honest, this was planned. Eugene just wasn't a fun Sim to play as. He was a bit boring outside of the whole "Disney prince" thing. Some Sims are easy to form personalities for. Eugene was not one of them. 


He did do some good things for the family, such as get me one step closer to completing the generation goal and fathering two of the Generation Three children, but apart from that... He was just, sort of... There. 

Sorry D:


Peony was, of course, devastated. 

Peony: I shall avenge your death, my sweet prince!

Nate: He died of starvation, dear. It was a tragic accident. 

"Tragic accident" >_>

But wait, who's going to be part of the couple roll?


Martha: Say, Raymond, was it? Yeah, so my sister's just become a widow and I was wondering if you would step in for the roll of "couple who hooks up pretty quickly"? Oh, and we have a son together. See you tomorrow!


Peony: Oh, my darling prince is gone! If only I could have prevented this somehow!

Marry a less boring Sim, perhaps... 

Despite being, understandably, sad about his death, it doesn't excuse this:


Peony, why?!

Just to add insult to injury...


In all the confusion over Eugene's death, everyone forgot that it was also Damien's birthday. 

Poor thing, becoming a toddler up mere hours after his father's untimely demise. 


Continuing the trend of "genetics, what are those?", Damien has Nate's hair and eye colouring. 

He's still adorable, though.  


Martha: Ah, you remind me so much of Dad. 

I couldn't find an old screenshot of Nate holding Martha up like this, but I found one that was close:


Look at the cuteness! (Plus the wallpaper that was more popular than I thought it would be)

It's not even Martha's child, but it close enough to tug at the heart strings. 


Who's this fancy hipster, strolling out of the hospital? Wearing a snazzy purple jacket and white glasses?

Why, it's Martha's mysterious stranger whom she hooked up with last chapter. 


Meet Raymond Gicquel, a French ex-policeman who somehow agreed to move in with the family. He had a serious case of Vanilla Face, so I tweaked him a bit. Don't panic, because Vincent didn't inherit the Vanillaness. Thank God. 

His traits are: Absent Minded, Lucky, Clumsy, Workaholic, and Never Nude. He likes eating ratatouille (which is also an excellent Pixar film that is criminally underrated), the colour spice purple, and listening to Chinese music. His star sign is Virgo, and he wants to become a world renowned surgeon. Given that he is clumsy and absent minded, that worries me >_>

I did a reroll for the career, because I forgot that I had to do science whoops didn't want him to be a clone of Eugene. 


Raymond: Ah, my sweet little boy. Even though you may not look like my son, you definitely are. 

(More on that later >_>)



I love you, Bai. 

And just to show that Peony hasn't been neglecting her children:


Peony: Here you go, sweet pea. Drink up. Mummy's got to go to work soon. 

Work for Peony is progressing slowly <_<. Thank Christ the family isn't short on money. 


The days flew by, and soon it was time for Vincent to age up into a toddler. 

Nate was on cake duties, as Martha was nowhere to be seen and Raymond working from home on the computer. 

Nate: Sounds about right...


I forgot to get a photo of the sparkly transformation, so here's Vincent post makeover. As I've said before, what the hell are Sims genetics? Where did that orange hair come from? I would have thought that he would have black hair, seeing as both of his parents do. He does have Martha's grey eyes, so there's that, at least. 

Still adorable, and also wearing the same shirt as Cayleigh because I have limited toddler clothing D:


Martha: Dad, what do you think of Vincent? I think he's going to be a genius like Raymond when he grows up. 

Bai: Well, erm...



*cough*

Aside from that, toddler training was going well, with three of the five adults in the household teaching them important life skills.


Peony: Okay, Cayleigh, darling. This is the potty. It's what you use when you need to go to relieve yourself. 

Cayleigh: I know what it is, mother...


Bai: Once you've mastered walking, we'll move onto teaching you how to be a martial artist like me and your mother. 


Nate: Say "birthday". Because birthday cakes are the best and Cayleigh will be ageing up soon.

That she is D: 


But not before she became one with the block table. 


That is the look of someone who's realised how fast this generation is moving D:


Cayleigh: I'm a real girl!

You were always a real girl...


Cayleigh, for all that I moan about her not looking like her parents in terms of hair and eye colour, does look at least look like Peony in the facial department. 


A lot like Peony...

Yeah, she's a face clone :/  I compared photos of her with those of Eugene and Peony, and there is little to no Eugene in her facial shape at all. The only thing different is her eye shape, and it's not Eugene's eye shape at all. 

Poor guy dies to progress the story, and then his daughter doesn't even look like him. 

Cayleigh's childhood trait is Virtuoso.


As her mother looked on, Cayleigh failed to realise that this was not how she travelled to Narnia...

----

Another chapter done and dusted! Again, I apologise for killing off Eugene. As I said before, he just wasn't fun to play as. Raymond, in contrast, is a lot more fun, and adds something new to the family. The next chapter will be as I planned it, and then the chapter after that is when the rewrite begins. Hopefully you won't be able to tell!

See you next time!


6 comments:

  1. I get why you killed off Eugene. Sometimes it's just not worth having a boring sim in the house, and Raymond is adorable.

    Again... Sims 3 genetics really make no sense. The kids are still cute, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did suck, but I felt like it was the best thing to do. And Raymond is the Ultimate Hipster (TM).

      They are adorable, but they thankfully have some genetic diversity when they get older. Apart from Cayleigh. Cayleigh remains a face clone.

      Delete
  2. (RED DWARF)
    Genetic Mutant: (Sexy female voice)"Hi, I'm the genetic mutant!"
    The Cat: (Confused but hopeful voice) "Jenny who?"

    This concludes my understanding of sims genetics.


    Toolsie, your ability to take lemons and make something tasty from them never fails to amaze or amuse me :)

    Oh, and this is why I'm Team Martha....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen Red Dwarf, but it does sound about right!

      Ahh, thank you ^_^ I've always wanted to be an author, so this is a creative outlet for me.

      I am glad I kept Martha around. She's the savage bluntess to Peony's over-the-top melodrama.

      Delete
  3. Seeing the title I thought it would be one of the elders in the household who died. I'm glad I wasn't right because it'd be really sad to see Nate or Bai go so soon!

    Ooooh, Raymond is cute! Hilarious that their kid doesn't look like either of the parents. xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! In the game, they've been gone for some times, and it is weird not seeing them around. They still visit in their ghostly form though :D

    Raymond is a cute hipster. And poor Vincent. He's still adorable, though. And at least he has Martha's grey eyes, if nothing else.

    ReplyDelete