Sunday 7 April 2019

Chapter 2.5 - Life Is Strange

Welcome back to the omnishambles that is this legacy.

First of all, good news! As of right now, Generation Three is underway. I'm not ready to reveal anything yet, but I will do in due time.

Just a heads up: There is going to be a lot in in-game screenshots. I'll try and make them as entertaining as I can. Sorry D:

(And yes, I took the title from the game Life Is Strange. I'm a sucker for timetravel stories. Don't @ me.)

Last time, Eugene kicked the bucket on the front doorstep of the house, Martha's new love interest moved in, Damien and Vincent aged up into toddlers, and Cayleigh aged up into a child.

We'll start this chapter off with a wedding.


The wedding of Martha and Raymond.

As you can see, I out some actual effort into it this time round, with the fancy arch in front of the tree and the formal clothing. They do look like they've stumbled of a vampire RPG (Raymond) and a Tim Burton film (Martha), but it's the thought that counts.


Nate and Bai looked on with pride. Their youngest was getting married, and had actually found someone willing to put up with her.


Despite being recently widowed, Peony was still happy for her younger sister. She watched as they exchanged rings, having memories of Eugene doing the same to her not that long ago. There was a time and a place for sibling rivalry, and this was not it.

That's not to say the Eugene was complete gone.


*cough*

With Raymond officially a McKracken, Peony went away to finish off the generation goal.


To save a photo spam, here's the classes Peony took.

With the generation goal out the way, there was time for the family to spend time together.


I know I bitch about the toddler stage a lot, but this is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. The toddlers themselves, when they aren't being screaming poop machines, are adorable.

I guess that also applies to real life, as well...


Just look at the weird way the sit when they play with their toys. So cute, so innocent, so unaware of what they have to face when they grow up.


Everything was well in the McKracken household. The kids were growing up well, the adults had stable jobs (well, as stable as they can be when you keep getting arrested, MARTHA), and the house was looking as lovely as ever.


Nate: We've done well, haven't we, dear? We've managed to raise this family out of nothing, and have left enough for our future generations to survive on. I think it's time for us to rest.

Bai: I agree, my love. But let us rest together. Together in life...


And death D:

They died together, no long after the other screenshot was taken. I snapped it, moved onto anther member of the family, and then the camera was brought back to them as they both died. I actually started crying at this moment.


Both Nate and Bai died at the age of 90. They remained faithful to each other their whole lives, and managed to raise two orphans into adulthood. They both finished their Lifetime Wishes with plenty of time to spare, and have massive tombstones to show off their achievements. They leave two daughters, a son-in-law, and three grandchildren.


Martha, I'd love to, but I can't D:

Not long after Nate and Bai died (the next day, in fact), the post box was overflowing with wedding gifts. I don't normally pay attention to the wedding gifts, but in this case, I felt like I had to include them.


I don't even know how Caroline knows the family, but she gave them a football net anyway.


Bai, even though he's dead, gave them a poster. It looks like it's the kind of poster a teenager would hang up in their bedroom.

Bai: *from beyond the grave* You're still my little girl!


Nate, whilst he is also dead, gave them an actually useful gift.


Peony, on the other hand, did not.

We'll get to that in a minute >_>


Eugene, you died before the wedding even happened. You weren't even out of your grave. How did you know about this?

Just to prove that I'm not mixing up screenshots for the sake of a funny story, here you go:


No sign of Nate, Bai, or Eugene in sight.

I don't get this game sometimes.

Yes, I also know that Damien needs seeing to >_>

Anyways, back to Peony's "gift".


Here it is.

I have questions.

First of all, where did she get it from?

Secondly, how did it fit in the post box?

And lastly, WHY?


Because this game can't get even more weird, here's Martha showing some motherly affection. Not towards her own son, mind you, but it's something.


Don't worry, Vincent isn't being neglected. Raymond is doing a good job of looking after him.


Damien's birthday rolled around, and he managed to have a proper birthday this time. Complete with cake! And not immediately after his father's demise...


I missed the money shot (the one where they are like Slenderman), so here's a flat nosed, cross eyed Damien.


I wanted to give him different hair than I normally give males, so I gave him this fancy hairdo. I then had to put in the suit that comes with the Supernatural pack. It's too good to not give it to him. As for his facial features, that is definitely Peony's nose. There's also some of Eugene's genetics in him, but they're only visible when he gets older.

His childhood trait is Bookworm.

And whilst we're on the topic of birthdays...


Peony is becoming an adult D:

As you can tell by the look in her eyes, she's dead inside.


No surprises there...


Peony is still incredibly pretty, and still loves her pale pink clothing. Back then, she was still doing her visa malarkey, so she's wearing sensible clothing suited for travelling around.


I do like her new formal dress, as well. She looks like she's about to appear in a murder mystery about a widow who's husband has died in mysterious circumstances whilst she's still young.

Just like her real life, then.

----

Another chapter comes to a close! Sorry if it's a bit of a mess. As I said before, I've had to redo Generation Two. Hopefully everything will be smooth sailing from here on out!

See you next time!

4 comments:

  1. I used to think the 'toddler in the toybox' was the absolute cutest the sims could get until I saw my werewolf and vampire toddlers chewing on their teddy bears. :)

    Who doesn't love a cosplay wedding?
    I'm sorry to see Nate and Bai leave :(

    Also, as a former Australia Post post man, I can tell you we delivered oversize, over weight stuff like that all the time, the 110cc motorbikes that we use are built using a combination of a modified version of the Tardis theory, and Terry Pratchett's L-Space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that is also adorable. Biting at the necks of their teddy bears with their little teeth.

      My GSCE Chemistry teacher had a medieval themed wedding. She showed up photos and she really went all out with the theme. And it's sad that they left, but at least they went together.

      Geez :O And here's a Brit, having to go fetch a parcel from the parcel depot if it's too big to fit in the letterbox.

      Delete
  2. Love that Peony was perfectly happy for her sister getting married. And her midlife crisis is so Peony. At least she gets a new, fancy dress.

    Nate and Bai going at the exact same time just shows their true love. ;_;

    Love the wedding gifts. Idk, Peony just really wanted to show the neighborhood how important they are? xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she's still happy even though her own husband died just the other day. And I do love her new fancy dress. It's perfect for her!

      I actually cried when they died together ;_; Part out of sadness because I lost Generation One in one swoop, but also out of happiness because they don't have to be without the other.

      Peony: "I can afford to buy this impossible large statue, therefore I am going to. Do I need it? No. Do I need NEED it? Yes."

      Delete