Sunday 14 April 2019

Chapter 2.7 - Here Come The Teenagers

Hello again!

So, yeah... Things are finally on the right track. 

For now.

As for what happened last time, Cayleigh became a teenager, Vincent aged up into a child, and Martha became an anime villain. 

This time, we start with the boys working on their homework together. 


Vincent: Ugh, why is Maths so difficult?

Damien: Because our teachers like to watch us suffer. 

Vincent: You've nearly finished!

Damien: I paid attention in class. 

Vincent: Nerd.


Cayleigh may be a face clone of Peony, but she is definitely Eugene's child. 

In that she is boring as fuck :/ All the screenshots I have of her are her playing the keyboard, and that's it. 


She rolled this as her Lifetime Wish, so at least it's something easy(ish) to work on. 

Speaking of offspring taking after their parents:



This brings back memories of Peony and Martha doing the exact same thing when they were children. Right down to Vincent copying Martha and Damien copying Peony. 

Back at the house, I bought an outdoors sprinkler because Peony rolled a wish to have one. 


She is obsessed with it. 

Every time she's at home, she is playing with it. She is the only member of the family who uses it. 

It will be the death of her someday, I swear. 


The next day, Damien's birthday rolled around.

Wouldn't be a chapter of the McKracken legacy without an obligatory birthday. 

After having so many birthdays, I'll just skip to Damien post-makeover. 


I am pleased to say that he isn't just a face clone of Peony. I know it's hard to tell, seeing as male and female Sims do look different even if they are face clones, but he has some of Eugene's genetics. He has a lot of Eugene's facial features, and whilst his face isn't as wide as Eugene's is, it's also not as pointy as Peony's. A nice blend of genetics, methinks. 

Damien's teenage trait is Diva. 

Damien aged up on Leisure Day, so the family went down to the local park to enjoy the Summer Festival. 


Damien ignored everyone and went straight to the pond to begin fishing. He doesn't have the angler trait, but he wanted to go fishing. 


Vincent: Eww, nature. 

I forgot that Vincent hates the outdoors. 

Whoops. 


Cayleigh, in a rare moment of her not being glued to her piano, tried her hand out at skating with her uncle. 

It didn't go well. 

Peony and Martha decided to both go home before I could make them do anything. Peony sat on a bench and looked sad before going home, whereas Martha just didn't even bother showing up. 

Typical. 


But Damien did roll his Lifetime Wish. It's a non-career wish, which means that I won't have to discount him when it comes to choosing the heir. 

Which will happen this chapter


There was an empty park lot next to their house, so I turned it into a fishing spot. 

Much to Damien's delight. 

Though I did find myself screaming "Get down from there, young man! If you fall and die, I swear to God..." 


And because I can't escape the birthdays, here's Vincent ageing up. 

In the background, you can see that Peony is now a brown belt :D


Nate just happened to be out of his grave, so he loitered around to see his youngest grandchild turn into a teenager. 

Nate: They grow up so fast... 

Raymond also aged up, but I was an idiot and forgot to screenshot it. I was too preoccupied with my youngest Generation Three spawn becoming a teenager D:


Vincent aged up with this hair, so I kept it. I don't normally use this hair, but it suited him too much for me to change it. He looks like a mixture of both Martha and Raymond, so at least the Sims genetics have done their job properly. 

He rolled Daredevil as his fourth trait. 

The adults won a free holiday, and went away for a couple of days. What did the trio of teenagers get up to when the adults were away?


Cayleigh, as expected, was playing away on her keyboard. She woke up and immediately started practising. 

She's dedicated, at least. 


Damien, following in the footsteps of his mother and his grandfather, tried his hand out at the marital arts skill. 


Damien: I shall... Erm... Smite thee! What was it that mother used to say?

He tried, bless him.

Vincent, not having any skills that he was currently working on, did some household chores.


Chores like fixing the bathtub, 


And making his bed. 


Though I'm sure wrists aren't supposed to bend that way D:


And I'll end this chapter here with Bai. Even when he's dead, he finds the time to meditate on his husband's grave. 

----

Another chapter comes a close! I'm sorry for the rather lacklustre updates. Ever since the WA glitches, I've been trying to make a story out of nothing D: 

Before I say what the hell happened in the game to make me have to redo Generation Two over and over again, I'll reveal the Generation Three rolls: 
  • Full House
  • Four children
  • Science
  • Criminal (Thief)
  • Journalism and Blogging
  • Military
  • Property Mogul
  • Runs in the Family
Alright, so... The first time I did Gen Two, nothing happened. I could fit Cayleigh becoming a teenager to her becoming a young adult in one chapter. That's how little stuff happened. The first time I redid the generation, everything went well, except I made Damien a fairy when he was a teenager. That was fine, until I got a mod that reduced the lifespan of fairies. That fucked up everything. So I just decided to redo from when they were children. 

Anyway, time to say who the heir is. Or, rather, who the heirs are. Given the Full House roll, I decided to use two of the Gen Three spawn as co-heirs. Cayleigh, I'm sorry to say, is just too boring to be heiress. All she does is just play on her piano. Damien and Vincent are more interesting to play as and write about, and seeing as I love them both, I've decided to make them co-heirs.

See you next time!

6 comments:

  1. I support your heir decision. Cayleigh is both boring and a face clone, so she doesn't really bring much to the table. Damien and Vincent are both much more interesting, both genetically and personality-wise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a shame, really. I do try to make every Sim as interesting as I can, but Cayleigh's just... There. The other two are much more fun to write about.

      Delete
  2. Sprinkeritis is an unusual affliction that effects some sims, being a garden crazy player, I have had many of my sims develop this addictive behavior, other than sprinkler removal or locked gates, there seems to be no cure to stop sims from playing with the sprinkler any time you leave them unattended.

    Game glitches aside, "Get down from there, young man! If you fall and die, I swear to God..." Roflmao! Another benefit of being a sims gardening nut is deathflowers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it seems Peony developed it then :/ All she does is play with the sprinkler system when I leave her on her own.

      Damien likes playing with my emotions D: And I managed to find a death flower when Peony was down a tomb, but I had to take it off of her of the legacy rules.

      Delete
  3. Just from their looks, I love Vincent the most. He's so cute! And as far as personalities, it seems like a good choice to have Damien and Vincent for heirs. They're both around the same age, and probably close to each other. The next gen looks fun! I love the full house roll.

    Look at these perfectly well-behaved kids while their parents are on vacation, lol. Just skilling and getting household chores done. :D

    Bai. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Vincent in a little cutie <3 If I didn't know that they were cousins, I would have thought that they were brothers. They have the highest relationship bar out of the all the family, and are only two days apart in age (Damien being the older).

      I know, it's brilliant xD

      I still keep the graves around, because it's nice to see Bai and Nate pop out their graves to visit :D

      Delete