Wednesday 12 June 2019

Chapter 4.3 - Rising From The Sea

Hello, and welcome back to the McKracken legacy!

Like the mythical being, the family rises from the sea once more to wreck havoc on the poor townies of Sunset Valley.

Well, they would if Martha was still around.

I had to take a break because life was being a pain in the arse. I have taken a much needed break, and I am ready to start again.

Last time, if you can remember, Robin completed his Lifetime Wish to become a Martial Arts Master and managed to get a burglar pregnant.

Yep, that happened.

Anyway, during my break, I did play some more of the legacy, and I am pleased to announce that Generation Six is here! They are still in the burrito stage, but they are here, and that is all the matters.

Let's kick start the new chapter with a birthday. As usual.


Because there are only so many times I can post birthday shots, here's Chloe post make over. She has the usual McKracken grey eye gene, but she also has Robin's hair colour and Malinda's pale skin tone.

She's absolutely adorable. I'm also happy that she is a girl. I wouldn't have minded if she has been a boy, but out of the four heirs/founders so far, three have been male and only one has been female. It's nice to have an heiress every once in a while.

Here's an interesting fact about her:


She can apprehend a burglar, thanks to Robin being in the Law Enforcement career. But she is also a burglar due to her mother. Takes one to beat one, I suppose.

(Also ignore the fact that it says three days away from ageing up. I took this screenshot later on in her toddlerhood but felt the need to include it now.)

At the same time as Chloe aged up, this little notice popped up:


Number of Generation Five children: 2


AHHHH STOP BEING SO CUTE

There have been some cute toddlers in this legacy, but Chloe is up there as the cutest thus far. I can thank Robin for passing on them good genetics.


I don't regret picking him as heir at all.

"Toolsie, stop stalking your Sims with the camera..."

NEVER!

In other news:


Candace has now completed her Lifetime Wish. Gimme them points!

Speaking of promotions,


Robin is now a Lieutenant, and is shooting up the Law Enforcement career. Having Level 10 in the Athletic skill is certainly helping.


Candace and Damien continue to be in love. Damien is constantly using the training pole, hence why is nearly always in his martial arts kit.

He'll soon become Bai, who continues to meditate on top of Nate's grave.


Just like this.

Hey, whatever makes him happy.

Now that both elders were semi-retired, they were able to take over babysitting duty whilst Robin is at work.


Well, one of them took over babysitting duty.


The other was too preoccupied smacking an oven with a hammer.


Chloe: Wah! Why it no work?!


Chloe: It tasty.

This is a recurring theme, as she loves to chew everything.


Like people's heads.

In a strange turn of events, the family get invited to Lucas's Spooky Day costume party. I was certain that he wanted nothing to do with them after he left.


Robin went dressed as an anaemic hot dog, which is a praise I never thought I'd say;


Candace arrived in a burglar outfit;


And Damien went as an investigative reporter.

AKA his old job.

Turns out that Robin wasn't the only one to be invited to the party.

Judith also showed up in a cheerleader costume.


Judith: Ugh! The cheek of not having booze!

Lucas: My newborn son, and our infant niece, are present! We can't be drinking around them. And what kind of cheerleader wears boots, anyway?


Judith: The cool kind.

Not long after they had been kicked out of the party, this cropped up:


Well then...


Chloe: Om nom nom.

She's at the teething stage of toddlerhood, it seems.


Chloe: Where dad?

Candace: Downstairs beating the shit out of your granddad.

Chloe: What shit?


Shit is when Malinda dies in an unfortunate "accident".

An "accident" that could have entirely been avoided >_>

I started this chapter with the future heiress, so I think it is only fitting to end it with the founder of it all.


Nate :D

I don't even care that it's daylight out, it's so rare that he comes out of his grave that I will take any visit from him :D

----

And another chapter comes to an end. Sorry for the haitus, but life has been annoying and I've had to sort things out. My DnD group has been messing me about, so I've dropped that which is a load of my mind. I need to find a new one, but at least I haven't got that worrying me.

See you next time, when I hopefully won't wait nine days between updates D:

6 comments:

  1. The question in my mind is will Chloe grow up to be a clumsy, neurotic burgler? My mind is already running through a huge list of plot options...

    I've always wondered if those peg box toys are flavored?

    I gave up in looking for a sensible DnD group years ago, although in my youth I did play DnD, ADnD, Vampire, Werewolf, Changeling, Gamma World, and a few other systems. Good times!

    I tried to start a Gamma World PBEM as well, but that was more about the writing than the need for social interaction. Hopefully you find another group soon that is a better fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Given what her generation's rolls are, you're not far off. Her traits definitely come into play.

      Probably. That, or toddlers loves to chew everything. My five month old nephew is at that stage.

      It's not the game itself, it's more the people that keep fucking me about. I was only friends with one of them, so I'm not exactly missing out on anything.

      Delete
  2. Glad you took a break, and now glad you're back! Chloe is definitely adorable. <3 I laughed out loud at her traits. Only in sims, right?

    Also found Malinda's unfortunate demise funny. And very convenient!

    Ahh, DnD. I actually love watching groups play online (like Critical Role) but I haven't played much IRL, unfortunately. The one time I did try to join a group in college, no one could focus and were constantly goofing off with unrelated conversations, so I only got about 2 turns in the span of 2 hours (it was also a bigger group, but still!) :/ This summer I'm shameless latching onto my sister's group to give Call of Cthulhu a try. I hope you're able to find a better group soon, if that's what you want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, only in the Sims. I'm also glad that she isn't a Peony face clone. Peony, my Gen Two heiress, was adopted, but her genes have filtered throughout the generations even after she left the legacy.

      Yeah, if only there was someway this accident could have been avoided >_>

      Critical Role, and Outside Xbox's DnD adventures, got me interested, but the group I was in played their own version which was very combat based. I wanted to play a psychotic half-elf who used blood magic, but that was denied as they didn't allow either half-races or elves. It's strange to not be going anymore, but I'm also relieved as I hardly interacted with anyone. I'm sure I'll find a new group soon :)

      Delete
  3. I love that Chloe has both can apprehend burglar and burglar hidden traits. 😆 Does the burglar one do anything? I've never had a sim with that one.

    Stalking our sims with a camera is what we're all doing really. They'll have to get used to it!

    That Malinda popup is hilarious. 😆

    Sorry the dnd group didn't work out. Who you're playing with really makes or breaks it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Burglar trait basically means that they can sneak around at will. That's about it, really xD

      Especially if your sims are good looking. Then it's allowed!

      Poor Malinda, dying because I didn't know what to do with her xD

      I've worked things out with my DnD group, so I'm back in. Though given the state that my character is in, that might not be a good thing xD

      Delete