Friday 21 June 2019

Chapter 4.5 - Life and Death

Welcome back to the McKracken legacy!

As of right now, the Generation Six spawn are all children, and I have no idea who the next heir is going to be. I am leaning towards one particular child based on their traits, but nothing is set in stone yet.

Anyways, that's a long way away, so let's get back to current generation. Last time, Robin aged up into an adult, Chloe aged up into a child, the extended McKracken family began popping babies out everywhere, and Candace sadly left the family at the ripe age of 90.

Before I get started proper, I just want to comment on how confusing it is having multiple Word documents full of in-game screenshots, all of them very unhelpfully labelled "sims3screenshots", "sims 3 screenshots", "simsscreenshots 3", etc. Past!Me is always making life difficult for Present!Me when it comes to collecting images for this legacy. And the contents of these Word documents are never in order, either.

Thanks, me.

But now, onto the chapter proper.

I heard you like birthdays, so here's another one.


Chloe: *stares into the abyss, wondering how she was already turning into a teenager*


At this point, it's a given that I include the moments they turn into horrifying spaghetti monsters.


Before I reveal Chloe's teenage form, here's her mother, Malinda, for reference.


Chloe is incredibly pretty. She does have some Robin genes in her, but a majority of her looks come from her mother. All I can say is: thank god she's not a Peony face clone. I liked the wavy hair I used for Candace, and it seemed perfect for a free spirited girl like Chloe, even though it does clip through her hoodie.

Her teenage trait is Proper.

She may share a trait with Peony, but she also shares a certain trait with Martha.


Neurotic.

So expect a lot of screaming into the abyss whilst wearing her formal clothes.


And because she also likes to copy from her ancestors, she also rolled the same Lifetime Wish as her aunt Judith.

Speaking of Judith:


Look who's had twins.

If you've lost track of how many McKracken Generation Five children there are now, here's a little reminder:


Lucas (and Sammy), have three children: Ricardo, Kelley, and Jeanine. Judith (and her older boyfriend Clinton) have three children: Curt, Adrienne, and Martina. Robin, because of the generation roll, has only one: Chloe.

Which I am still bitter about because of the waste of genes.

Robin, now that he has done his Lifetime Wish, Chloe is a teenager, and he is nearly at the top of the Law Enforcement career ladder, has a lot of free time on his hands.


Time spent reading a book whilst wearing nothing but a towel.

Yep.

Probably showing off how beefy his arms are.

Robin, put some clothes on!


Robin: You mean like this?


Hell yes!

 What does he do in celebration?


...

Yeah.

Look at him. He doesn't give a shit.

In an attempt to drag Robin away from the hot tub, I sent the family down to the park for the SPRING Festival, which I would like to point out in when the weather starts getting nicer.


Not still under a thick blanket of snow.

It is here that I discovered another strange animation glitch.


CHLOE WTF HAPPENED D:

Chloe: This is my life now.

That night, the ghost population continued to spring up in the family cemetery, and wonder towards the house.


Chloe: Ugh, can you not?


Ignore Nate manically cackling (if you can), and instead focus on Peony floating around in the background.  I've never seen a ghost look so done, and she's not even facing the camera.

Peony: Father, I can hear you laughing from here. Can you just... Not?

Under the light of the full moon, this notification cropped up:


JUDITH, CALM DOWN.


Also, Chloe went to to prom, and managed to become Prom Queen despite not having any friends. She also, much like her father, showed up an hour late.

She's even pulling the same pose as Robin. She doesn't have the same backdrop, because...


*sigh*


Damien: Huh, it's my first appearance in this chapter. Why am I sparkling?


Damien: Oh dear, I appear to have died.

Damien, no! D:


Robin and Chloe mourned the loss of their father/grandfather, even if it did look like Robin was chilling in the hot tub when Damien died.

At least he actually put some clothes on.

Damien McKracken, the Generation Three co-heir, kicked the bucket at the age of 99! I kept an eye out on his age bar for ages after Candace died, and he showed no signs of leaving. As soon as I turned my attention away from him, he died. At least he died doing what he loved: smacking the crap out of the training post.

Damien leaves behind his three children and seven (soon to be eight) grandchildren. Considering how he started his generation as an orphan, that's not bad.


And thus the family graveyard continues to grow.

Damien is now the third member of the family to have a bitchin' obelisk as a tombstone.

Let's end the chapter on a happier note:


I love you, Robin.

And now I can finally reveal the next Generation Rolls:
  • Couple
  • Three Children
  • Acrobat
  • Journalism
  • Change of Scenery
  • Identity Crisis
I figured that a clumsy acrobat is a brilliant combination, and I have been wanting to move to a new town as Sunset Valley is rapidly turning into an incest pool. 

Where do we move to? Wait and see :D


----

Another chapters comes a close. As I said before, Generation Four will be the shortest generation yet, just because of the "One Child" roll. Looking through my screenshots, I think there will be another two chapters of Generation Four, and then Generation Five will be ready to go. And then I sort out these godforsaken Word documents and order them properly!

See you next time!

8 comments:

  1. You gotta love when the spares feel the need to pop out more children than the heir can... of course, it's also not fun when they refuse to reproduce at all, and there never seems to be a happy medium.

    Chloe is so pretty! You've done an excellent job breeding the pretty genes.

    I love the Identity Crisis roll. It's such a fun storytelling mechanism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cayleigh refused to have any children, and didn't get married until she was well into her elder years. As for Lucas, Sammy and Judith... Well, they just breed like rabbits, it seems.

      She is! It's no secret that one of the things I think about when choosing an heir is how pretty they look >_> I am a shallow human being.

      I thought it would be perfect, seeing as Chloe is clumsy and neurtoic, and her being an acrobat with those traits is just... *chefs kiss*

      Delete
  2. Ah, the curse of organizing screenshots. I feel your pain. I just transfer mine from the EA Screenshots folder to a personal folder periodically, but whenever I do that, the game resets its picture counter back to zero, which means the /next/ time I transfer shots, there will be multiples of the same screenshot title (Screenshot-344, Screenshots-345, etc). So I end up making sub-folders within sub-folders that are just titled "more pics," "even more pics," "yet again more pics." It's like an archaeology dig trying to find something. :P I try to mediate it by breaking it up by generation, though.

    Anyway, about the chapter... nooo, Damien! D: At least he literally went out kickin'. I'm excited about the Change of Scenery roll, especially since it'll be to a whole new town it sounds like?

    Chloe is very pretty; I feel like she got the best genes from each parent. And of course, I was pleased to see the family tree again, hehe. It's impressive how fast your spares are reproducing. I'm never that lucky; I just hope that they shack up with someone their age and have at least one kid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I organise the actual screenshots by generation sub-folders, but doing so means that if I want to start a new game and take photos of that, I have to split the generation into two folders to make room for the unrelated screenshots. The joys of being a Sims blogger.

      Poor Damien :< As you say, though, he went out kicking and is now back with his wife in the afterlife. And yes, I moved the McKrackens to a new town, but that's another rant for another day xD

      She is definitely the prettiest Sim I've had so far. Peony did look good, but that was through me changing her genetics. Chloe is born that way. And as for the family tree... I guess they were making up for the One Child generation roll xD

      Delete
  3. Lol, I rarely move my spares out, I (if I remember) save them to the sim bin, then force kill them, Or I just move to a new town without them. My family tree is more like a very short vine.. I have to track them on paper.

    Congratulations to Robin for hitting the peak of his career, and to Chloe for not being a face clone. Commiserations to Chloe for inherited traits :)

    To deal with my screenshots, I just move tem to another drive with RLC Folders and sub folders, then resize and rename them.
    (I use Ant File Renamer from www.antp.be/software/renamer to solve most of my screenshotshot juggling issues by adding the post number to the start of the screenshot)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to keep my spares around just because it's interesting to see what they get up when not in the household, and also in case I need them if some disaster befalls the main family and wipes them all out. It has happened before D:

      Robin is a silver fox who is a Superspy AND a martial arts master. No wonder he looks so smug all the time now xD And I nearly wept with relief when I saw that Chloe isn't a face clone.

      All of my screenshots are kept in subfolders labelled "Generation One", "Generation Two", etc. All the photos I take from ingame screenshots, such as when I highlight a notification, get saved in my pictures folders. I have to regularly clean it out otherwise I get swamped by them.

      Delete
  4. Chloe has most of Malinda's features, but still looks a lot different from her because of her face shape and hair and skin color. She's really pretty! I love neurotic Sims, too.

    The two tone skin might have been a spray tan fail. xD

    Goodbye, Damien. :,( (I had to laugh at Chloe's mourning face though.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does, and it's good in a way because yay, interesting genetics!

      Who knows? Not even she knows xD

      Chloe's just like "OH GOD WHY?!?!?! D:"

      Damien shall be missed :<

      Delete