Sunday 23 June 2019

Chapter 4.6 - Drama In Sunset Valley

Hello all, and welcome back to the McKracken family.

Or what's left of the main faction of it, anyway.

I am going to start with some exciting news: this blog is officially five months old! I started back on the 23rd of January, and it has been a rollercoaster of emotions. I'm just amazed I've stuck with the same family for so long.

Last time, Chloe aged up into a teenager, Damien left the family at the age of 99, Robin became a Super Spy, and the extended McKracken family continued to breed like rabbits.


Like this.

It took me a while to figure out how to pronounce the new spawn's name: Angelia.

In the end, I settled for "like Angelina, but without the n".

Back in the main household, Robin and Chloe mourned the loss of Damien.


Chloe: *sniff* Why did he have to go?

Robin: This is a fact of life, I'm afraid.

In light of Damien's passing, I changed the family graveyard a bit to make it look less like Fred and Rosemary West's back garden.

(If you don't know who they are, Google them >_>)


Instead of having the graves out in the open, I placed them in a mausoleum style building, which took me way longer to make than I'd like to admit.


Inside, Nate and Bai got monoliths to symbolise their importance in starting the legacy, and all the heirs are resting on tables next to their spouse (if applicable). I figured it looks better having the graves like this, as opposed to the "dump out in the open" style that was going on earlier >_>


Robin, in an attempt to cheer himself up over his father's passing, hit the bar and ordered the most expensive drink on the menu.

One that is naturally on fire.


Robin: I've had this drink, and I'm still miserable. Time for more drinks.

At this point I steered him away from the bar and sent him home.

And that was not the only tragic news to happen that day:


With Damien's death, and now Motimer's, only Vincent remains of Generation Three D:

They are dropping like flies, now.


Robin didn't take Damien's passing lightly. He had been a part of Robin's life since Robin was a baby, and helped him train in the martial arts skill as a teenager, which is how he was able to achieve his Lifetime Wish so quickly.

Robin may have been close to both of his parents, but he was definitely closer to Damien than he was to Candace.

In another attempt to cheer him up, I sent him to the pool to try and swim his sadness away.


In the end, all that happened was a woman went into labour.

Because of course she did.

But guess who else was there?


Vincent! :D


He's 97 days old, which is pretty good going for the final member of Generation Three.

Any day now he's going to kick the bucket :<


Robin: Oh Father, what am I going to do without you?

Go on a date with your sister-in-law (and second cousin), apparently.


Judith: Oh, it's you.

Sammy: Yes, and I'm going on a date with your brother.

Judith: Which one?

Sammy: The one that's aged like fine wine.

Judith: Even though you're married and have three children with the other one whose face has melted?

Sammy: Yes.


Sammy: Hot damn, did I choose the wrong brother.

It's a shame Sammy was too boring to keep around the house, because she and Robin would have made some cute kids.

Meanwhile, back at the house:


Chloe: Now I see why Dad is so obsessed with this hot tub.

At the point, the restriction on the family roll was lifted due to Chloe being halfway through her teenage years, and Sammy temporarily moved into the house so I could give her a makeover.


I made her look a bit more mature, and put her in some more "adult" clothing. As much as I loved her orange dress and white mini jacket combo, she is an a grown woman now.

(I will admit, it did cross my mind to make her and Robin have a child, but I figured that it mess up the family tree more than it already is.)

I kept getting notification about Lucas and Sammy arguing all the time, and I stepped in to try and resolve it.

It ended as well as I thought it was going to.


Sammy: We are through! I am tired of everyone accusing us of incest. We've got three children who are third cousins as well as siblings, and I am done with the constant arguing! Are you even listening to me?!

Lucas: Herrrrp.

It is strange to me that even though Robin and Lucas are genetically indentical, with the only difference I can see being that Robin has Damien's nose, they both look different in their adulthood. Robin has aged like a fine wine, and Lucas has become, well, more face-melty.

Poor Lucas cannot catch a break, it seems.

But it seems like this break up was inevitable, because this happened as soon as Sammy left the house:


It's like Lucas was waiting for an opportunity to start dating around.

Sammy stayed in the house for a while to increase her skills needed for her career, and then moved into a new house somewhere in town after everything had calmed down.


Robin: This is exactly why I wanted to move everyone out of the house, to avoid drama like this. Yet somehow, I end up getting involved with it anyway. Why am I the only stable out of my siblings?

Because I control you <_<


And because your ex sister-in-law has a thing for older men.


And your cousin-once-removed has now died.


Hey, at least you continue to get them sweet raises.

At this point, the lives of the extended McKracken family are turning into a soap opera.

This does not surprise me at all.

To take your mind off the chaos that is rapidly unfolding, here's a pretty scenery shot:


Look at that foggy waterfall. Wouldn't it be nice if the family could live somewhere like that when Chloe takes over the legacy?


Chloe: Dad, why am we here?

Robin: Getting away from my siblings shenanigans.

Chloe: But Dad, aren't there tombs full of mummies here?

Robin: Exactly.


Chloe: Dad, why?


Robin: Because.

----

Another chapter comes an end, and we are back in Egypt of all places! Didn't think I'd be coming back here, but here we are. It's the place where Nate first fell in love with Bai, and now it's the place where I spend six Sim days (and four real life hours) exploring one bloody tomb >_>

Looking at you, Great Pyramid.

Looking at my screenshots, there's going to be one more chapter in Generation Four, and then it's onto Generation Five. I did say that Generation Four was going to be the shortest one thus far, and that's just down to there only being one child. Had Robin been allowed to have more than one child (a fact I am still bitter about dammit), the legacy would have had more chapters.

See you next time!

8 comments:

  1. You go Vincent, Go! 97 and not out, 6 days passed your transition date, Congratulations Vincent. Vincent, Vincent, oh dear!

    --> At this point, the lives of the extended McKracken family are turning into a soap opera. (Um, you just noticed now?)

    As always Toolsie, a thoroughly enjoyable chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He lived a grand old age :<

      I'm so focused on the main branch of the family that I don't realise how much of a soap opera the extended family is until I look through all the extra screenshots and pile them together xD

      Thank you :D

      Delete
  2. Nooo, Sammy and Lucas! What drama! At least Clinton and Judith are still together... for now. Who knows, maybe Sammy and Lucas will start popping out even more kids with new partners. :P That'll make for a messy tree.

    Can't wait to see what Chloe gets up to when her generation takes over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a scandal! They are together, but not married. Just as well the kids take the mother's name in the game.

      Coming from the future where all the gen six children are teenagers, I honestly don't know who I want to be heir D:

      Delete
  3. If it took this long for your extended family to become a soap opera, you're doing something wrong. To be fair, though, this is really the first generation where you've had spares who moved out of the house.

    Adulthood definitely did not hit Lucas well. Really, what happened there?

    Mmm... the Great Pyramid... the only place where you can spend a solid hour looking for a door into the next room, only to realize that you were not only in the wrong room, you were on the wrong floor. So much fun. Still, Chloe and Robin in Egypt means exponential levels of prettiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's the first generation where the spares actually reproduced. Gen One was the founding generation, Gen Two had both girls stay in the house, and Gen Three had Cayleigh do fuck all. So it's no surprise it's taken this long to become a soap opera.

      And yeah... I really don't know what happened, but I'm glad I picked the right triplet.

      The game threatened to crash so many times that I was saving every five minutes so I didn't lose my progress D: it was a nightmare. In terms of prettiness, are we talking about Egypt or Chloe and Robin ;)

      Delete
  4. You've played through four generations in five months. :O And still going strong!

    I've seen a youtube documentary on Fred and Rosemary West. D: But I get the joke. xD

    Lol the drama tries to suck Robin in, and he escapes by going to Egypt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guess I'm an eager beaver xD

      Yeah, I had to research them as part of my forensic science degree. I'm glad you got the joke, though xD

      Robin: Drama? Nope. Not today, Satan!

      Delete