Tuesday 9 July 2019

Chapter 5.2 - Family Matters

Hello again!

I would love to say that I have progressed in the game a bit, but eh... Nope. As I've said before, there's currently a heatwave occurring and I don't do well in the heat as it gives me migraines.

Ah, well. I've managed to get enough done to write a chapter.

Last time, Chloe started her career as an acrobat and met a strange man called Christopher Temple.

And Robin continued to be an chill as ever. As he does.

Speaking of Robin, let's kick start this chapter with his birthday. He's getting old D:


Normally when a Sim ages up into an elder, they look miserable about it. Not Robin. He just knows that he's going to turn into a cool grandfather.

Whilst his future son-in-law celebrated, his own daughter was nowhere to be found.


As she was too busy fixing the family computer.

Everyone knows that the way to fix something is to tap with a screwdriver until it starts working again.


Here is Robin, post makeover. Much like Nate, his hair is dark grey. It's always a surprise to see what colour their hair will turn when they become old. Damien's hair was bright white, and Peony... Didn't become an elder. Whoops

I stuck Robin a suit because, let's be honest, he looks good in one.


I love you, Robin.


One thing I said last chapter was that Judith's daughter Angelia doesn't exist because of the re-write. She does, just under a new name: Mindy.

Judith's also an elder now, so at least she can't pop out any more babies. It's when her five children start making babies of their own that I'll be worried.

In fact, there are so many Generation Five McKracken children that I may have to step in at some point to stop the neighbourhood from becoming an incest pool D:

Anyway, back to the main family.


I didn't know this was a thing.

"Ask for Daughter's Hand"

Christopher is an old fashioned gentleman, it seems.


Christopher: Ah, Robin, my good man. May I marry your daughter, Chloe? I promise that I'll love and cherish her my whole life.


Robin: Wait, what? Someone wants to actually marry Chloe?


I think Robin is just so happy that Chloe has found someone willing to marry her that he just gave Christopher the blessing.


Aww, that's adorable. Both Chloe and Christopher had this moodlet.


Look who is pregnant with Generation Six!

Chloe: Ahh, my little non-existent baby bump.


Chris went to the business building to get a job in the journalism career, and Chloe caught him outside to deliver the news.

Chloe: Guess what? I'm pregnant! I'm showing yet, but I've thrown up a few times.

Chris: Golly! Such good news! Are you having a boy or a girl?

Chloe: I'm not sure yet, but I think it's going to be a girl.


Back at the house, some trick-or-treaters appeared at the door.

Who were these trick-or-treaters?

Kelley and Jeanine McKracken.

Jeanine: Are you sure we should be doing this? It's not like Dad is on good speaking terms with Uncle Robin...

Kelley: They live across the road from us. What's the worst that can happen?


Chloe: Yo.

Kelley: Ah.

Chloe: You want sweets?

Kelley: I... Are you pregnant?

Chloe: Yes. What gave it away.

Kelley: Ah... Never mind.

After her cousins left, Chloe went and sulked on her rocking chair.


Chloe: Now I know why Robin never talks to his brother's side of the family.

The rest of Chloe's pregnancy flew by, and then the day of birth arrived.


Chloe: Why are you freaking out? I'm the one in labour here.

Chris: AhhhhHHhhhHHHH!

Chloe: I'll take myself to hospital, then.


Chloe emerged from the hospital a few hours later, holding the first child of Generation Six. Meet Eliza McKracken. Her traits are Loves The Cold and Loves The Heat. She loves the colour hot pink, French music, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Her starsign is Cancer.

Generation Six is here!

I discovered that using Master Controller, you can edit the colour of the blanket. So I stuck Eliza in a hot pink blanket that also looks violet in this light.


After Chloe brought Eliza home, she immediately exchanged rings with Chris.

Yes, they got married in their pyjamas.

Because of course they did.


Chris: I made this :O

You did, and you need to make more, dammit.

MOAR BABIES.


Chloe has Resting Bitch Face, and permanently looks done with everything. So seeing her smile like is precious and must be protected at all costs.


As does Chris, who dotes upon his daughter and autonomously interacts with her.

He is a precious cinnamon roll.

In a way, he reminds me of Robin when Chloe was born.

Let's just hope he doesn't become obsessed with the hot tub.


Like this.

His first grandchild is home, and he is too busy chilling in the hot tub in the middle of a blizzard.

I don't even...

----

Another chapter comes to a close. I'm sorry for the messiness of it, but this heatwave has been making it difficult to do anything due to the migraines. The weather has cooled down to a reasonable temperature, so now I can try and get more stuff done.

Also I've just finished Breath of The Wild which has taken up a lot of my spare time.

See you next time!

10 comments:

  1. Chloe is just generally unimpressed with life, and I love it. Robin is a cute happy elder.

    I didn't realize you could finish Breath of The Wild, but I've never played it. Just heard about it from/seen it played by friends who never seemed to be able to get anywhere. So congratulations! I can see how that would take up a lot of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is. I have noticed that she goes through life with Resting Bitch Face, and any time she smiles is a miracle. And Robin is the best elder :D

      I've not finished it as such, just defeated the final boss. I've still got a lot to do. And it does take up a lot of time, hence why this blog has been lagging behind xD

      Delete
  2. A colored Taco, too cool! I didn't know you could do that!

    -> Yes, they got married in their pyjamas.
    -> Because of course they did.

    Why isn't this a McKracken family tradition?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't until just now :D

      Because they are strange beings xD

      Delete
  3. Ooh, congrats on finishing BotW! I'm still working through it myself, so no spoilers please! (I'm currently working on the last Divine Beast...)

    I /love/ Chris as the partner for Gen 5 already. His personality is so fun, and the top hat really seals the deal. My favorite line from this chapter has to be Robin's, "What? Someone actually wants to marry Chloe?" It made me lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not completed it fully, just got through the final boss. What Divine Beast do you have to do?

      Chris is amazing. I'm glad I found him, because I need a partner who isn't boring AF. And yes, someone actually wants to marry Chloe. Amazing xD

      Delete
    2. Vah Naboris, the dusty bastard. I don't know what order most people go in, but I think I followed the game pretty standard, since I did it in the order of elephant, lizard, birb, and now camel. I haven't even unlocked the part of the map with Hyrule Castle in it. :P I keep getting sidetracked by world exploration...

      Delete
  4. Are u my sister cause I also have bad migraines that can be triggered by heat among other things.

    Tbh a hot tub in a blizzard sounds way cooler than a baby. I don't blame Robin.
    I love the pic where Robin is shocked that someone wants to marry Chloe. His expression is so strangely cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for heat-induced migraines! *high five*

      Just chilling in a hot tub in the middle of winter. It's not like his grandmother froze to death or anything...

      Robin.exe has stopped responding. Please reboot Robin.exe.

      Delete
  5. Lol I love how proper Chris is. And he says golly. 😆

    Welcome baby Eliza! I love that name.

    Hot tubbing in a blizzard sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete