Friday 19 July 2019

Chapter 5.5 - A Major Grump

Hello again!

Another chapter so soon? Yes, for two reasons. Firstly, there has some blessed rain, at long last! The temperature has dropped down to what it should be, and thus I have the energy to do stuff again. And secondly, I want to do as much of the McKracken legacy as I can before next Friday, because that's when the new Fire Emblem game comes out and I will be playing the shit out of it like the weak human I am. 

Nintendo own my soul

Anyway, last time, not much of note happened save for two children being adopted and Chloe battling with her sanity. 

So let's get things started with Robin's birthday.

The second time round. 


Robin: I have a feeling this has happened before. 

It has. Three chapters ago. 


Yes, I have reused the same screenshot from 5.2, because he looks exactly the same. 

Funky suit and all. 


Chloe managed to create another dramatic novel, and earn herself some more royalties in the process. 

With a steady income, Chloe actually remembered that she has a daughter now and turned her attention to raising her. 


Chloe: That's it, Christine. Walk to mama. 

Though Robin did most of the work raising both children. 


Robin: Remember, kiddo, if someone gets in your way, you beat them up. 


Robin: Alright, so when you get older, you cycle everywhere. Doesn't matter that public transport in a thing and we live in the middle of a city, you get on that bike and you cycle EVERYWHERE.

Lilac and Daisy weren't around to remedy this advice, as they were both playing guitar downstairs. 


Lilac: This is a ballad about love and the many ups and downs of being in love.


Daisy: Anyways here's Wonderwall. 


Chloe had dragged herself to the library to start work on her new novel. 

At least it's not the living room. 


Oh, wait.

Never mind. 


Robin: Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one raising these damn kids. 

You won't have to raise them any more, as they are turning into children. 

Finally. 


As everyone celebrated, Nate was content to loiter around and brush his teeth in the kitchen sink.  


Lilac: Oh God, they're even out during the day now. 

Daisy: Well, the more the merrier!

I missed the spaghetti monster shots, so here's the kids post makeover. 


Sebastian is a cutie, and I once again lament my lack of children's clothing. He has a prominent nose, but other than that, 10/10. His childhood trait is Excitable, as if he could get any more cuter. It came up when I hit Randomise, and I liked it so much I kept it in.  


Christine looks sweet, but has a bigger Resting Bitch Face than Chloe does (if that's even possible!). I decided to make the spice brown more of an accent colour than dress her from head to toe in it, just to try and make it work. Her childhood trait is Party Animal. I did not pick this. 


Nate: Ah, it's good to see my family is still going strong. It's almost enough to make this old man cry. 

Nate, I love you and I am always happy to see you, but please go back to your grave. It's 2:10 in the afternoon. 


What are you doing here D:


Christine: My life is filled with the ghosts of my past. 

Yep, we have a Martha 2.0 on our hands. 

Lilac has also taken on one of Martha's traits, in the form of being the Queen of Animation Glitches. 


Sebastian: Erm, Mother? Where are you?

Lilac: Can't you see me?

Sebastian: All I see are a pair of floating wings at my feet.

Lilac: Oh, motherf-

Sebastian: Mother! There are children present. 

After sending Lilac off to de-glitchify, I found Chloe like this. 



Chloe: S̷͎̻̟̣͍̉̍̎̇́̍͜Ǫ̴̨̗͚̥̳̮͋̚Ơ̸̾͜Ņ̴̦̼̄́͒̈́̑̊̕

I'm scared. 

With the mothers of the household either glitching out, working out, or creeping me out, the children were left to their own devices. 


Patches: I'm a real doll!

Christine: Oh. Joy. 


Patches: Human friend, do you need help?

Christine: No, I can manage. 


Patches: Human friend, do you want to-

Christine: Hmm, how do I put this politely?


Christine: Leave. Me. Alone. 


Patches: Oh, okay...

Christine: Good riddance. 

In stark contrast to Christine:


Sebastian: Riley, you and I are going to be best friends forever!

Lilac: Don't mind me, just staring at the wall whilst you hug thin air. 

And I will end this chapter here on Miss Grumpy Pants herself. 


The future heiress, everyone, in all her glory. 

----

Another chapter comes to a close, and I'm much happier with this one. There's more stuff for me to poke fun at for being weird, and Christine is shaping up to become one of my new favourites. Grumpy Sims are fun to play as, and the faces they pull are a gold mine. 

See you next time!

10 comments:

  1. I think you sent us the heat wave... the heat index got up over 100 F today. Going outside is like walking into a furnace.

    I do love Christine's grumpy faces, and your glitchy ghosts are hilarious. Chloe is really creepy in that one picture, but I guess green lights will do that to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry D:

      Christine's faces are amazing xD as are Chloe's. She is a creepy Sim.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, we've also got a heat advisory where I live, so hopefully we can follow it up with some rain soon. ;;

    Christine and Sebastian have really different personalities! It'll be interesting to see how those might clash (or work together perfectly?) as they get older. And aww, Nate's ghost. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been raining now, thank god.

      I always knew that Christine was going to be fun to write due to her Grumpy trait. I didn't know what to do with Sebastian, so I made him a bit of an air-head xD

      Delete
  3. Does Lilac have the Social Butterfly Trait? It gives an 'invisible' moodlet that always sends me into glitch fix mode.
    Christine sure is a grump, poor Patches!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, she's just glitchy xD

      What did Patches do, Christine D:

      Delete
  4. Wow, I love Christine. I'm glad you're making her the heir, I can already tell she's gonna be a lot of fun. Also, maybe not Robin's best idea to teach her to punch people at a young age if she's already suffering from a major case of grumps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's the sole child of Chloe, and the one who carries the McKracken name, so I had to make her the heiress :P

      Robin doesn't care about bad life lessons, he's the Martial Arts Master(TM)!

      Delete
  5. I like to use favorite colors as accents a lot. Like when my heiress' favorite was lime green, haha.

    I love Christine already. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing it for a while, and now I can't not do it.

      And Christine is a riot. She's like Martha, if Martha wasn't a psychopath.

      Delete