Friday 12 July 2019

Chapter 5.3 - A Glitch In The Space Time Continuum

Hello again!

So, if you didn't know, my game suffered an Error 16 (it ran out of storage space) and collapsed in on itself. Luckily for me, I had a copy of Robin and Chloe saved in my Sim bin for when I was first going to move them, and I'm glad I did because I lost nearly everything. The only Sims I have saved in the Sim bin are Generations One, Two and Three. Which means that Generation Four and Five, with the exception of Robin and Chloe, have vanished.

Whoops?

In response to this catastrophe, I've decided to take the game in a new direction. I already knew that Chloe was a glitchy person, so I thought I would play it up and see what I can do with it. I've moved Robin and Chloe to a new place, got some new rolls and decided to see what I can salvage from this mess. It is a secret blessing in disguise, because the family tree was getting messy and the extended family was turning into a soap opera.

Case in point:






Yeah, it's a mess. So in a way I'm glad that the game has forced my hand to move away and sort stuff out. 

This includes some new rolls. 
  • Couple with Help
  • Two Children
  • Author
  • Music (Symphonic)
  • Professional Sports
  • Change of Scenery
  • Live Your Trait

As well as changing Chloe's Lifetime Wish to "Professional Author". 

Well, with that out of the way, let's get going in the new reality. 



Chloe: Something is up... Everything's a lot more... Grey. 


Chloe: And I'm in this new house that's not a bungalow and is freakin' huge and missing some of its roof and OH GOD WHERE AM I?!?!?!


Chloe: And Dad is an adult again?!

Robin: Huh?

Chloe: Where's Christopher? And... And Eliza?

Robin: I really don't know...

Chloe: *short circuits*


Robin: Hey, look at this way. We've always wanted to get away from the family, haven't we? I don't know where everyone has gone, but this can be a fresh start.

Chloe: A fresh start...

Robin: We should check this new house out. It seems like this is where we live now.


Chloe: Huh.


Chloe: Well then...

Meet the couple of the roll. I thought that it would be fun if Chloe herself was the help and have two other people being the couple. These two ladies were chilling in my Sim bin, so I added them into the game.


Daisy Fields is a vampire lady who loves neon yellow. Her traits are: Adventurous, Brave, Virtuoso, Proper, and Athletic. She likes Electronica music, blood Plasma, and the colour yellow. Her Lifetime Wish is to become a Superstar Athlete.


Lilac Fields is a fairy lady who loves the colour, well, lilac. Her traits are: Clumsy, Virtuoso, Hopeless Romantic, Easily Impressed, and Diva. She loves Classical music, crepes, and the colour lilac. Her Lifetime Wish is to become a Hit Movie Composer.

And yes, they are married.


The ladies decided that the best way to get to know their new housemates is to take them to a club.

Chloe: Where are we?

Daisy: A bar that Lilac and I frequent at.

Robin: Booze?

Daisy: Lots of it.

Chloe: Jackpot.


Chloe immediately hit the bar.

Chloe: Gimme the most expensive thing ever.

Martin Shaker (yes, the bartender is called Martin Shaker): You sure?

Chloe: Yes.

As Chloe spilled her sorrows in front of the poor bartender, the ladies hit the dance floor.


Daisy: What do you think of our new housemates?

Lilac: A little weird. Chloe keeps shouting that she comes from another reality.

Daisy: Robin seems okay, though.

Lilac: I guess...


Chloe: I came from another world and had a husband and child. I don't know how I came here or where I am and I don't know what I'm doing AHHHHHhhhHHHH

Martin: More booze?

Chloe: YES.


Chloe: Mmmmm...

Slightly intoxicated, Chloe dragged her new friends (that's she's known for a few hours) to the fancy nightclub with a rooftop pool.


Chloe: 'Tis a good idea, guys. Really.

Lilac: *with a forced smile* Have we become her chaperone?

Daisy: Yes. Just... Let the confused lady drown her sorrows.


Susie: Miss, don't you think you've had enough?

Chloe: No, I'll tell you when I've had enough.

Susie: So be it.

Chloe: Yes, burn the booze. BURN IT.

Eventually she was dragged home, blubbering to herself and crying about her lost love.


Lilac: Ugh, did they have to bring their dead ancestors with them?

Yes, so get used to it. This place already has a fairy and a vampire, so why not add a few ghosts into the mix.


Bai: Am I interrupting something?

Lilac: Shoo, we're having a moment...

Bai: Oh, okay. You girls have fun.

Lilac: I swear to God...


Daisy: Now, now... You said we needed some excitement in this household. We've got that right now in the form of a dozen or so ghosts.


Robin: Say, have you ladies seen Chloe anywhere? I heard crying all night.

Daisy: She did have quite a lot to drink.

Lilac: Getting her home on the tube was fun...

Daisy: We should get to work.

Robin: But...

Lilac: She'll be fine. I think...


The three sober adults went off to work, and Chloe emerged from her bedroom in the afternoon.

And yes, her duvet cover is adorable.


After making it to the computer, Chloe fired it up and began to write her first novel: kgefkhewtlh/lfsal/ldf;;

I'm not joking, that's actually what it is called.


See?

Somehow she managed to get it published and net her some royalty checks. 

And I'll end this chapter here with Robin in the bathtub. 


I have no excuses just enjoy the sight.

----

Phew, another chapter down. I'm amazed at how fast I've bounced back after my game spontaneously combusted, but I just swallowed my pride and decided use it to my advantage. It's a nice change of scenery and a chance to bring in some people, and I only hope that Bridgeport doesn't also break everything. 

Here's hoping. 

I will be updating the new "The Story So Far" page to include Daisy and Lilac, as well update the fates of Lucas, Sammy, and Judith. May their souls float around in the matrix, and I am sorry they don't get to haunt the new house with their ghostly figures. 

See you next time!

10 comments:

  1. Hey, you do what you gotta do to keep everything going. Daisy and Lilac are adorable, and Robin and Chloe still seem to be themselves, even in this alternate reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do what I can to save the game, even if it means finally admitting that Chloe is a buggy AF sim xD

      Daisy and Lilac will be around for a long time, so I'm glad you like them :D

      Delete
  2. So.. by about halfway through the read, I was thinking Daisy and Lilac are adorable, and Robin and Chloe still seem to be themselves, even here.... And that'd exactly what Rohan said...
    so...um... I like Daisy's hair.. and, uh... Hi Bai, good to see you again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All is seemingly well in the McKracken/Fields household.

      For now.

      Delete
  3. Daisy's hair tho o.o I feel like I'd be either electrocuted or poisoned if I touched it.
    Hm, so no drug dealer spouse, shame. But awesome that you managed to save your game (mostly)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely use that hairstyle, but it seemed to fit her "neon goth" vibe nicely.

      Yes, no drug dealer spouse. Instead we have supernatural lesbians.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad that you were able to save at least the bare bones of your legacy. You've made it so far!!

    Heh, I wish I could read Chloe's novel, even if I'm not sure how to pronounce the title. And yay, supernaturals!! Hopefully Lilac and Daisy are ready to be immersed in all the McKracken quirks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not backing out now, that's for sure xD

      Chloe's novels are... Interesting to say the least. Maybe she'll take it a bit more seriously when the royalty checks come in. And they'll get involved with the McKracken quirks. They have no choice...

      Delete
  5. Make those glitches work for you!

    Chloe drowning in her sorrows translates well into a writer.

    Haha, Bai. 😆

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's how I do most of writing: slightly tipsy with a hint of regret xD

      Bai: Interrupting private moments since, well... Always :D

      Delete