Wednesday 17 July 2019

Chapter 5.4 - Writing Is Hard

Hello, and welcome back to the McKracken legacy. First of all, let me tell you that some stuff in this game has happened. Some very interesting stuff... I was going to put out a post about it, but I've been arguing about it with myself for some time, and in true McKracken fashion, have decided to throw my arms up and say "fuck it".

That's all to come in the future, so now let's return to the present.

I am still suffering as a result of the heatwave, so sorry this took so long to write :<

Last time, Robin and Chloe managed to survive a game-breaking bug glitch in the space-time continuum, and started a fresh life in Bridgeport. They now share a house with a vampire and fairy lesbian couple.

And Chloe is having a nervous breakdown.

The usual.


Fresh off of publishing her debut novel, Chloe sat down to begin her next piece of artistic brilliance.


Yes, she's at it again with the keyboard slamming.


Daisy and Lilac were oblivious to Chloe breaking the keyboard to the family computer, despite being in the same room as her.

Daisy: Babe, I was thinking we should adopt. We've been talking about it for a while, and I think now's the time. Robin can take care of our child when we're at work.

Lilac: You think so?

Daisy: Yes, I was thinking a baby boy called Sebastian. What do you think?

Lilac: A boy named Sebastian... I'll get on it tomorrow when I get home from work.


Chloe sat at her computer all day, even as the full moon rose. She was so engrossed in her writing that she failed to notice that the house was haunted by her ancestors. As it turns out, full moons do actually cause more ghosts to appear.


Look here. Out of a possible eleven ghosts, eight are out. I don't even know who is who, save for Peony due to her unique ghost.

Because she died in a stupid way.

The next day, after most of the numerous ghosts returned to their graves, Lilac set out adopting her and Daisy's new child.


Lilac: Erm... Excuse me Mr Ghost? My new son is about to arrive. Can you... Move on, please?

Damien: Ah, I remember when I had my son, Robin. What a joy it was to see him grow up. Parenthood is hard, so don't be afraid to seek help.

Lilac: That's... Nice. Please leave. 

Lilac isn't used to ghosts, it seems.

It looks like the whole space-time mess hasn't just affected the living members of the family, but also those who are deceased.


Bai: Just chillin' in a bathroom, no big deal.

Except for the small fact that it's in the afternoon.


2:46pm to be precise.

Bai, I love you, but please go back to your grave D:


Anyways, whilst Bai was haunting the bathroom, Lilac and Daisy brought home their son. Meet the first child of Generation Six. Sebastian Fields was born with the Loves the Outdoors and Artistic traits. He likes Dark Wave music, egg rolls, and the colour blue. His Star Sign is Taurus. He did has Vanilla Face, so I tweaked him in CAS.

One child down, one more to go.


Chloe finished up her newest book, and managed to net some good royalties from it.

With some money under her belt, and her sanity somewhat restored (let's be honest, she was never the sanest Sim around), Chloe decided to adopt a child of her own.


Meet the second child of Generation Six, and the official heiress of the McKracken legacy. Christine McKracken was named in honour of Christoper, the short lived drug-dealer spouse (Plus I've been listening to the The Phantom of The Opera soundtrack). Again, I edited her in CAS to make her less Vanilla Face-y. Her traits are Good and Grumpy; and she loves kids music, the colour spice brown, and eating shawarma. Her Starsign is Pisces.

Dressing a Sim in spice brown is difficult without making it look like they've rolled around in poop, so hopefully I've done a good job D:


Robin: I'm so proud of you, Chloe. You're moving on with your life, and honouring Christopher's memory with your new daughter.

Chloe: *sniff* It's what he would have wanted

Robin: Maybe you should leave the house at some point, though. And probably take a bath, as well...



Ahhhhh, they're so cute! Look at them in their little pyjamas playing at their block tables. 

So adorable <3 



I renovated the huge master bedroom that had two en-suite bathrooms(?!) and turned it into two smaller bedrooms, each with an en-suite. Both rooms are the same size, but Sebastian's looks bigger because the walls are lighter. 

As for where Lilac and Daisy sleep, they are on the second floor (aka the top floor because I'm British), with Lilac sleeping in the fairy house and Daisy using her fancy altar. 



With the others taking care of her daughter, Chloe sat down to pen her new novel, but there's only so many times she can slam on the keyboard and get away with it.


Her first flop came in the form of a science fiction novel, which I didn't think she would do well in, anyway. She wanted to write one, so I let her. Now she'll just stick to drama because that's what she excels in. 


Case in point.

From now on, Chloe will be focusing on dramas, because her life is a soap opera at this point. 


Chloe: Oh God what had my life become D:

That is the derpiest freak out I've ever seen.

Chloe's solution to her mid-20's crisis was simple.


 Chloe: BLUBLUBLUB

Chloe, no! D:


Chloe: Good God, Dad was right! I need to get out the house!

And so you shall, next time!

Chloe: But...

----

And thus another chapter comes to a close. I'll be honest, this chapter was a pain in the arse to write. I've been suffering from intense migraines, so I've only just got round to writing. Next chapter is when things hopefully get a bit more exciting.

For now, enjoy this meagre offering.

See you next time!

7 comments:

  1. No shame in listening to musical soundtracks. I think Christine and Sebastian are both adorable, and the spice brown looks fine.

    Write what you know, Chloe! (Although with the dimensional travel, I would think she knows sci-fi too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to listen to soundtracks when writing. If it's not Phantom, it's the Breath of The Wild soundtrack xD

      I'm amazed she failed at sci-fi, but at least the drama novels are doing well. And I'm glad you like the two kids. They're going to be around for a while, after all.

      Delete
  2. If I need a brown tone in an outfit, I always go for the reddish browns (like you did). Once you start leaning into the yellow/green side of the color wheel, that's when any brown hues look nasty imo. :P

    I am all here for Chloe's writing style. Truly artistic innovations.

    And awww, the kids are adorable! I was not expecting to get TWO kids in one chapter, but it makes me happy. Can't wait to see what they look like when they're older

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the Hex code for spice brown, which is why it doesn't look too bad. I prefer the warmer tones of brown, just to avoid the vomit hues :P

      It's my writing style, as well. Slam on the keyboard until words come out.

      They are cute when they get older, and I can't wait to show them off :D

      Delete
  3. Tbh I never dressed a sim in their favourite colors. I believe there's a misc. roll if I remember correctly, but unless I roll that I will just dress my sims up in whatever I like :p But brown boots and jacket over black pants and top is something that pretty much always works (ok maybe not for a toddler)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never really did it until I saw that my old university flatmate was doing it. We would play The Sims 3 for hours in our flat kitchen xD

      Anyways, now I can't not do it :P

      Delete
  4. I love making up titles for my sim's novels. 😆

    ReplyDelete