Friday 3 May 2019

Chapter 3.3 - A Slice Of Life

Hello, and welcome back to a new chapter. My new job has been sorted, and I have a consistent shift pattern, so I can have time to play The Sims 3 and write up new chapters.

Woo!

Anyways, in the last chapter, Candace gave birth to triplets: Robin, Judith, and Lucas.

This was not my intention D:

This chapter, I'll start by introducing the final child of Generation Four, a little girl adopted by Vincent and Mortimer, not long after the birth of the triplets. So even though she's the last child to be added to the family, she's the oldest.

Just to confuse everyone.


Sammy McKracken was also born with Vanilla Face, so she got a facial tweaking to make her less boring. Her traits are Artistic and Good, she likes Chinese music and stir fry, and her favourite colour is orange.

Her star sign is Libra.

She also had the vomit green hair, so I quickly changed it to blonde.

I really don't get that gross vomit green hair colour.


Candace: Excuse me, gentlemen, but I'm trying to get to one of my sons. The one you are currently holding. Haven't you got your own daughter to tend to?

Vincent: Sorry, it's their birthdays and I feel compelled to hold Robin for some reason...

I'm dumb and forgot to screenshot their birthdays, for one simple reason:


Nate possessing the outside furniture.

As he does.

How do I know that it's Nate? Because the sun is rising and he's still out of his grave.

Anyway, now onto the triplets!


Robin has brown hair and eyes. I was about to say that I didn't know where the brown hair came from, when I remembered that Damien's father had brown hair. Poor Eugene, still being forgotten after all this time.

Still doesn't explain the brown eyes.

He looks a lot like Cadace, but has Damien's facial features.


Judith is, unfortunately, a face clone of Peony :/ She even has the same hair and eye colour as Peony.

She's still cute, though.


Lucas looks the most like Candace. Almost immediately I can tell that he has inherited her nose, as well as her hair and eye colour.

With four toddlers in one roof, the adults now had their hands full.

Toddler training began with each adult taking care of a toddler.


Candace took to teaching her daughter to walk, right next to the stereo.

At least it was turned off.


Vincent started teaching his daughter to talk.


As Vincent was teaching Sammy, Mortimer focused on teaching Lucas to walk, also in the living room.


This left Damien to deal with Robin, his youngest son.


Ahh, stop being so cute!

Even though they aren't genetically related, Damien looks a lot like Nate when he does things like this.

Having the same hair and eye colour helps.


MORTIMER.EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING.

D:

It always creeps me out when they do stuff like this...

The family wasn't short on money, due to the number of the promotions everyone was getting:


Damien is now a professional blogger, even though he doesn't own a blog;


Vincent is now in charge of his own squad;


Candace is a lab technician;


And Mortimer can now cut people's purses for money.

Yeah, he's still pretty low on the ladder because he was the one who adopted Sammy and took some days off work to look after her.

Speaking of the toddlers:


Yeah...

Robin is content with just merging with the block table, but Judith took it a step further by becoming one with the table.

As you do.

I was worried about how Damien would react to suddenly having three toddlers to take care off. Turns out, he's doing just fine.


He autonomously interacts with them all the time.

As he played with his youngest son, he failed to realise that his eldest son was trying to climb down the stairs.

Even though he can't, because this isn't The Sims 4.

It was at this point that I realised that the adults were so busy taking care of the children that the house was slowly falling into disrepair. Things were breaking, plates were being left out, rubbish needed taking out... Using the extra money from all the promotions they were earning, I hired a butler to help out.


Lisette Oritz appeared and immediately began fixing with the stereo that had been broke for some time.

Turns out she was also good at giving advice.


Mortimer: So, you may have noticed that we have ghosts that live in the front garden. Vincent is insistent that we keep them. Do you have any ideas how we can deal with this?


Erm... Thanks?

Following this slightly unnerving conversation, life is the household continued as normal for a while.


The garden that Candace started in the back garden was growing nicely, thanks to the warm weather and plentiful rain.


Vincent worked on his Athletic skill to ensure his quick promotions;


Mortimer helped raise the children by potty training them;


And Damien stood there looking lost in his thoughts.

The usual.


I was getting pretty sick of everyone getting caught on the stairs, so I did some renovation to remove them and installed two spiral staircases instead.


Downstairs, I got rid of the bathroom that was clogging up a lot of space. I anticipated everyone getting stuck on just one staircase, hence why I installed two. I also realise that I left the potty in the middle of the kitchen, as that is where the bathroom wall used to be.

Oops.


And I will leave this chapter here with Candace having a nap in her swimwear.

Because it is a #mood.

----

And another chapter comes to an end!

I'm sorry about the long delay. It's nothing to do with new job, as I have only just started and I have plenty of time to write. It's not due to the lack of content, as I have a backlog of screenshots that can easily fill up the next few chapters. No, I just needed to take a break because I was being bogged down. I have started playing a new game called Octopath Traveller, which has consumed a lot of my spare time. But it has also recharged my batteries, so I should be good to go soon!

Next time, birthdays.

So many birthdays.

See you next time!

4 comments:

  1. Glitches are always fun, and the toddlers are all adorable. I've never had a butler. Good to know that they give slightly creepy advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! (Both in relation to the glitches and the toddlers xD)

      Butlers aren't as expensive as they seem. They cost 1200 simoleons a week, which is nothing if your sims are doing well at their jobs. They do everything that all the other services do, including giving creepy advice.

      Delete
  2. At least you're getting harmless glitches. 😁

    Damien is so cute taking care of the kids.

    Multiple staircases is definitely a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For now xD

      He is! He is a cutie, and I honestly expected him to not be able to take care of the kids. I was proven wrong :D

      Yeah, eight Sims and one staircase = disaster waiting to happen.

      Delete