Sunday 26 May 2019

Chapter 3.10 - Wrapping Things Up

Hello again!

Welcome back to the McKracken legacy, and this is the final chapter of Generation Three! It didn't seem that long ago that Damien and Vincent had just become young adults and were finding love and having children. And now here we are, ready for Robin to take over.

I also missed it, but this blog is over four months old. This is mind blowing for me, as I honestly never expected to get this far.

Anyways, let's start the final chapter with a message for the grown ups of the family:


Leaving the teenagers alone in the house. What could possibly go wrong?

Judith rolled a wish to throw a teen party, so she invited round all the numerous teenagers in the neighbourhood. There were too many for me to keep track of D:


It's also mostly so I can point out the game seems to love throwing together random outfits that make no sense.


Girl, no D: Hot pink boots, a salmon pink mini shirt, and a moss green jacket don't match.


Judith started dancing with one of the only good looking and non-fashionably blind boys at the party, not realising that he had been dancing with Sammy just moments prior to this.


Whoever this boy is, he really gets around.

Apparently Sims can slow dance with another Sim, and even flirt with them, and it won't count as cheating. It only counts as cheating if they kiss.

I did not know this.


Huh...

The party was quickly ended, and everyone ran home before the police could arrive. Not that it mattered much. The police did arrive, but all they did was stand there for a few hours before disappearing from existence.

GLITCHES :D

Another thing that has been happening in the family is the gnome population that has been growing. I don't know where they came from, but there's three of the little bastards living in the property: the original Mysterious Mr Gnome, Bucktooth Butternut, and Evil Mr Gnome.


Mysterious Mr Gnome is now an old gnome, and likes to loiter around in the vegetable garden.

You go, Mr Gnome!

Inside the house, the triplets all sat down in the lounge as they waited for their parents to get back.


Lucas: I don't get it. Why wasn't I a candidate for the heirship role? I was born into the family at the same time as you...

Judith: Because you're boring.

Robin: I don't know, it could be that you look a lot like mother and haven't got many of dad's genetics?

It is no secret that I chose Robin because of his genetics.


When he looks like this, can you blame me?



On a side note, I made a separate family graveyard next to the house to try and clear up some space. At the top of the graveyard is the founders: Nate and Bai (Nate on the left, Bai on the right). On the next row is Peony and Martha (again, Peony on the left of the graveyard with Martha on the right).


That night, during the full moon, the various occupants of the graveyard appeared. Raymond popped out his grave in his first appearance since Chapter 2.9, when he encouraged a recently orphaned teenage Damien to go play out in the snow after his mother froze to death.

Speaking of Damien:


Both he and Robin are now black belts :D

And they both still like to show off.


Martha also came out for a visit, and she and Raymond immediately started fighting.

Well, not so much "fighting". More like Raymond glaring at Martha whilst she stares blankly ahead.


And Bai took to meditating on Nate's grave, his favourite spot.

I don't know why he likes it there. My guess is that it means that he's close to the love of his life?

Whatever the reason is, it's cute as hell.

As the new day rolled around, two important notifications popped up:


Damien and Candace have been married for one year, which is amazing considering they had a shotgun wedding following Candace's pregnancy.


And Damien got a promotion in a job he didn't really care about.


This is also a good achievement, considering that their wedding had a death and the birth of the triplets.


To be honest, I forgot that Lucas was out and about. Shows how much he contributed to this generation. Sorry, dude :/


It's telling that not even his parents could be bothered to ground him, instead letting Mortimer do the job.

Of course, this meant that he couldn't leave the house to go to school.


Lucas: Hehehe, they'll never suspect me sneaking out this way!


Such rebelliousness. Sneaking out of the house to go to school.

Also "your fanny will be on the line". I get it that it can be used as term for arse.

But in the UK, let's just say that it has a more... Vulgar connotation.


Candace: Young man, get back in the house right now!

Lucas: But mum! What about school?

Candace: Tough.

Not that it mattered, as he was close to ageing up into a young adult.

But first, it was Sammy's turn.


Sammy: I will miss this house. Especially that chair. That is a nice looking chair.


Well, it's a shame that she's too boring to be heiress, because she is gorgeous.


Sammy is a pretty Sim, but I couldn't bring myself to pick her as the next gen heiress. I have nothing against adopted Sims. Peony and Martha were both adopted, and they are some of my favourite Sims in this legacy. The problem is that she's just... There. I couldn't really do anything with her traits, and she was there to fill in the fourth child roll.

Her final trait is Loser, which was randomised and fits well for the sparest of the spare.


Lucas: It's not too late, right? I can still be heir...

Judith: Admit it, we're not going to be picked. Robin has already claimed the master bedroom, and I'm leaving this madhouse as soon as I'm ready.

I learnt my lesson the previous two times the triplets aged up: lighting three birthday cakes on one table will result in an inferno.

Therefore I made Robin have his cake on the kitchen table, with the other two on the dining room table.


Naturally, they chose to age up in their underwear.


Candace: Yes, finally I'll have the house to myself :D


Nate: Huh, I feel like something is going on behind me. Can't be too important, right?

Nate, I love seeing you, but please go back your grave! It's morning D:


*spit take*

Well then...

Even Damien seems shocked at how well his eldest son turned out.


Robin: Pfft, I'm the prettier one.


Robin: OH GOD WHAT IS THIS AFRO?


Oh, Lucas. There's not much difference between him and Robin facially, save for the nose. The problem is that Lucas is such a boring Sim that I didn't even consider him as heir. It's no coincidence that his final trait is No Sense of Humour, which came up when I hit Randomise on the trait selection.


Judith, or Peony 3.0 (with Cayleigh being Peony 2.0) narrowly avoided being heiress purely because she is a face clone of Peony. The Peony genes are strong, it seems. If she looked more like Candace, I would have picked her in a heartbeat, because I love her. Her final trait is Inappropriate, which is just so Judith. I hit Randomise and it came up. It's like the game knows who she is.


And finally, the heir himself. Robin does look genetically similar to Lucas, but has enough of Damien's genetics for him to not be a face clone of Candace. I liked his purple coat too much to change it, so it stays. His final trait is Lucky, which again, I didn't pick. He's lucky in the sense that he is the right blend of genetics and isn't too boring to be selected as heir.


I like to finish off a generation by showing a shot of the heir looking at themselves in the mirror. It shows how they are feeling about taking over the legacy.

Peony was brimming with pride, as she was the first heir to take over after Nate. She also froze to death due to her own stupidity, but we will ignore that.

Damien just wanted Vincent to take over, as he had no idea what the hell he was doing. But, in the end, he managed to raise three children, have a successful marriage, and not die a horrible accident.

Robin is actually happy to take over, because the next gen rolls are easy and he gets to travel to China a lot. What could be simpler?

I say, as I look at what's to come >_>

Pray for me.

----

Another generation comes to an end. It's ended like it's run a marathon and collapsed over the finish line, but it's an end nonetheless.

It was a rather abrupt end, but trying to wrap everything up to bring in the next generation tends to feel that way. I'm just happy I've made it this far.

What's been your favourite part of Generation Three? Mine is Damien and Robin sparring. They didn't need to be so dramatic about it, but they did anyway. Close second is Judith existing.

See you next time when a fresh chapter of McKracken legacy begins!

6 comments:

  1. 'Such rebelliousness. Sneaking out of the house to go to school.'
    Making a player do something like that with a sim to get around how borked the game actually is, is this game in a nutshell!

    Congratulations to Robin and his Willy Wonka coat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Then they get grounded for not going to school and the whole cycle continues.

      I never realised that it was a Willy Wonka coat, and now I can't unsee it. All he needs is a top hat...

      Delete
  2. I cannot count the number of sims I've had sneak out the house to go to school... it's ridiculous.

    Robin is adorable, and I think my favorite part of generation 3 has been the buildup of ghosts so that they become more entertaining (if that makes any sense).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sneak out to get that education. I've been grounded, but I've never had to sneak out to go to school before.

      He is! And I see what you mean. Having one or two ghosts that occasionally pop out is meh, but having six (and counting) ghosts that constantly appear is making things a bit more interesting.

      Delete
  3. Just wait until the pigtails(TM) start popping up on every townie, including guys!

    What is Raymond yelling at Martha for? At least she's not taking his crap, and just ignoring him. 😆

    Good luck, Robin. What he doesn't know is that more travelling = more glitches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I've had the Pigtails(TM) show up on male Sims before xD

      I don't know. They fought a lot before they died, so I guess that have unfinished business?

      It's been amazingly glitch free! Shockingly.

      Delete