Sunday 5 May 2019

Chapter 3.4 - The Squabbling Quads

Welcome back!

Another chapter so soon? 

Yeah, because the next few days are going to be manic due to my job and my placement D: I will explain everything after the chapter. 

So, last time, there were toddlers. 

A lot of toddlers. 

This time, children. 


The first of many, many birthdays begins with Sammy. 

Mortimer looked down at the candles, wondering how the hell his little girl was already becoming a child. 


Moneyshot!


Unsurprisingly, because she was adopted, Sammy doesn't resemble either of her fathers. Following the theme of this generation of trying new clothing/hair options, I dressed her in an cute orange dress and gave her this hairstyle that comes from Generations. 

Doesn't hide her nose, though. 

Her childhood trait is Ambitious, a trait that she inherited from Vincent. 

I like to take time to check on the family tree every now and then, just to see how far the family has come along. 


This is Damien's side of the family. I made a mistake a couple of chapters ago, when I called Robin the eldest triplet and Lucas the youngest. I goofed up, because there's too many children to keep track of D: 


Luckily, Vincent's side is much simpler. 

The day came to an end with promotions from:


Vincent; 


Mortimer;


And Candace. 

Though I do wonder what happened at work that day, as she emerged looking a little...


Burnt. 

Candace: What happens in the lab stays in the lab. 

On the subject of fire:


What fire, you may ask?


THAT FIRE.

Turns out trying to age the triplets up at the same time causes the table to burst into flames. 

Good to know. 

Anyway, the fire brigade turned up and extinguished the fire, and all the burnt furniture was replaced. 

Now onto the triplets. 


After incorrectly being labelled as the youngest triplet for two chapters (whoops), Lucas is now properly identified as the eldest. He is a mini-Candace, though not quite a face clone. His eye shape is the same as Damien's. As with Sammy, I tried out different clothes I don't normally choose, hence the bright blue demin jacket. 

His childhood trait is Light Sleeper, which I didn't get to pick. 


Judith is Peony, complete with same hair and eye colour. I did, however, have a design for her in mind. I'm a big Fire Emblem fan, and the new upcoming game Three Houses has Edelgard, one of the new protagonists. I love her design, and based Judith off her. 

Her childhood trait is Technophobe, which I also didn't get to pick. 


Robin is a blend of both Damien and Candace. I have also based his appearance (and name) off of one my favourite FE characters of all time. I stopped short of giving him white hair. 

His childhood trait is Athletic, which I did get to pick out. Probably because he was only one out of his siblings to be potty trained. 

I tried to get a shot of the four Generation Four children together, but they had other ideas. 


Sammy: This fence is dire need of some painting. 

Judith: Sorry I'm late. I didn't want to come. 

Lucas: LUCAS.EXE HAS STOPPED RESPONDING. 

Robin: *through gritted teeth* Guys, it's not difficult to get a group photo. 

Apparently it is. 

That night, the ghostly visits reached a new high. Normally, there are only two ghosts. 


Now there's three. 

Judith: Dad, why are there three ghosts hanging around our kitchen?

Damien: You'll get used to it, dear. They are your great-grandfather, your grandfather, and your grandmother. Don't ask me why your grandmother is wearing her formal clothes. It's just her thing. 

Judith: Just like mum is always gardening in her nightie?


Yeah... 


Sammy: Alright, Operation Homework is a-go!

Lucas: I'm the oldest, I call shotgun on the kitchen table. 

Sammy: No, I'm the oldest!

Robin: What are the odds that Lucas will be on the table and we'll all be on the floor?

Judith: 100%. 

Random kid who came home with them: What have I gotten myself involved in? 


Lucas: Guys... How do I do this?

Judith: Not telling you. Because I don't know either. 

Robin: It's easy, you two... I think. 


Sammy, the only who paid attention in class, hid away in the hallway to avoid the triplets squabbling. 


And finally, because I can't seem to get enough of birthdays, here's another one!

Candace: Wait, I'm not ready!

Too bad. 


Candace is still incredibly pretty. She managed to avoid having a midlife crisis, even though her three children bicker all the time and her husband likes to merge with furniture. 


As you do. 

Even Damien seems unsure as to how he got there. 

And I will leave this chapter here with a few updates on Cayleigh. 

Keep in mind that these all happened within a day: 


Cayleigh has a thing for older men;


Cayleigh now has a partner who is old enough to be her dad; 


And now Cayleigh is single again. 

This is why Cayleigh hasn't had any children yet.

----

Another chapter done! It's very birthday heavy, but that is what happens when everyone decides to age up so close together. 

As I mentioned at the beginning of the chapter, I've been called in to work tomorrow because it's a Bank Holiday and they need all the extra help they can get. I have a long shift on Tuesday that ends quite late, and on Wednesday I go straight from work to play DnD with some friends. And then, on Thursday morning, I have my placement at a stationary shop. So... I'll be too busy and too tired to write anything. Better to write it now whilst I have some free time. 

Pray for me.

See you next time! 

4 comments:

  1. That is a lot of birthdays, but it's great to see the kids developing their individual personalities! I always feel sorry for the kids who come home with legacy children. They don't know what they're getting into.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many birthdays...

      Yeah, their personalities are starting to show now. Judith is hilariously blunt, Lucas is just lost all the time, Sammy is obsessed with art, and Robin is just trying to get everyone organised. Poor guy.

      Any child who gets dragged into the family has no idea what they are about to experience. Legacy houses are crazy...

      Delete
  2. The birthday cake fires are especially horrifying. It's supposed to be q fun thing, and then it all becomes a disaster. Although sometimes I welcome the chaos. 😆

    These kids are fun already. Love the homework antics, lol.

    Hope the busy week went well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the first time I've had a birthday cake fire (see Martha ageing up)

      They are all cute and started to develop some personality, but I still found it quite easy to pick the heir.

      Delete