Friday 10 May 2019

Chapter 3.5 - Birthday Inferno

Hello!

I am alive, and have managed to survive the hectic few days at work. I also got food poisoning, so that was a thing.

Anyway, back to the McKrackens.

Last time, a lot of birthdays.

So. Many. Birthdays.

And there are a fair few coming up as well, so...

Ye hath be warnede.


Robin: Judith, I'm trying to focus on homework. Can you please keep it down?


Judith: Sorry, I can't hear you over the trash sitting behind me.

Lucas: *just focus on the homework...*

Ahh, sibling love.

Now that the autumn season is finally here, everyone was taking the time to go out and play in the fallen leaves.


In their pyjamas...

*sigh*

It's almost like they haven't learnt from Peony freezing to death.


At least the ghostly inhabitants are having fun.

And can't die from hypothermia.


Oh look, it's another birthday.

I did say that there would be more D:


Damien: I don't look any different...


Every Sim I've had has either fallen into two categories when they hit adulthood: those who age well, and those who don't. Damien falls into the former. Apart from a few age lines, he looks the same as he did as a young adult.

He also avoided a midlife crisis.

Phew.


"Random kid who came home with the Gen Four spawn" #2: So nice that those new McKracken kids invited me back to their house. I wonder what goes on inside?


Robin: Mother, for the love of God, why are you wearing your nightgown?

Candace: Because.

Lucas: Becaauuuse?

Candace: Because.

Why is she like this?

I don't know.


Robin: Remind me why we're constantly haunted by the ghosts of our ancestors... Oh, that's right. Because we keep their graves around. I just wanted to get some cake...

Sorry, Robin, I will get them a proper graveyard eventually.

Spooky Day rolled around, and the adults spent the day levelling up their skills.


Damien was behind on his writing skill, having dedicated a lot of time on his charisma skill, so sat at his computer all day getting Repetitive Strain Injury and eye strain.


Vincent needed to improve his handiness skill, so he hammered away at every appliance in the house.

His legs also broke the laws of physics in the process.


Mortimer worked on the treadmill, somehow not fainting from working out in all black clothing.


And Candace put some clothes on worked in her mini garden, taking advantage of the warm weather to tend to her plants before the winter season kicked in.

Whilst the grown ups were busy, I bought a costume chest to keep the sprogs happy.


Robin: Look, chest! Look at the castle I built.

Befriending furniture, just like his great-aunt Martha.


Robin: I wonder what's in here?


Robin: I am the prettiest princess~

I do like how the costumes aren't gender specific. Boys can dress up as princesses...


And girls can dress up as princes.

Just a small detail that I really love.

And now, remember when I said that there were a ton of birthdays coming up?

Well...

Yeah.

I won't go into detail about them this chapter, just because there are so many, but I will include this screenshot from the triplets ageing up:


I think teen!Judith's expression sums it up.

----

Another chapter comes to a close! Sorry if it's a bit of mess, I've been busy at work over the past few days and I've also been recovering from food poisoning, so my brain is a bit fried. I will include a the next chapter detailing all the birthdays that occurred, just so this one isn't massively long.

See you next time for all the birthday shenanigans. 

4 comments:

  1. Birthdays are always so heartwarming, and furniture warming too, by the looks of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certain can bring warmth into the Sims homes.

      And set off the fire alarm.

      Delete
  2. I think Robin is my favorite so far. Just imagining a kid say for the love of god cracks me up. 😆

    Jeez, you're really having some bad luck with the birthday cake fires. 😦

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I envisioned him to be quite posh, so his dialogue came naturally xD

      And I do D: I never learn, it seems.

      Delete